Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2022 7:39:56 PM EDT
Last weekend we spent the weekend in Knoxville visiting my daughter, her husband (the outdoors man) and my 6 year old Grand-daughter.

We figured we would head up towards the Nantahala NF, eat some lunch along the river, hike up to Huckleberry, and head back through hwy 129 and watch a few folks run the dragon.

About 2/3rds of the way up, I had to tap out. 2 knee replacements, I had enough. So I found a nice flat rock to sit on and told them I would wait for them to head back.

Lots of pig rooting all along the trail. I heard 'em squealing about 1/4 mile away. I was on a critter trail, about 10 yards off the main trail, so I knew they were coming my way. I heard them walking through the brush, The big boy (300 lbs easy, maybe 400) came through, I had my camera ready...got me a couple snaps and stood up. He didn't even see me until then. He stopped. I yell and waved my arms a couple times....he didn't seem all that concerned. I walked back to the trail and picked up a couple good size rocks, chunked 'em at him, his sow wasn't far behind, and he headed back the way they came!!

I know, CSB. It is always neat to see a little bit of nature!!

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I camped out and watched the total solar eclipse of 2017 up there.   Nice dark spot at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top