Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2021 7:01:21 PM EDT
So, looks like I have a job in the great NC!

What do I need to do regarding bringing my handguns into the state?

Transfer through an ffl?  Or just bring them in as they are already mine?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bring them thats all
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just bring them thats all
View Quote

Noice!  ??
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
what county are you moving too ? and from where ?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, the county matters. Not sure if it is still the case, but didn't Durham County require handgun registration at one point?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, the county matters. Not sure if it is still the case, but didn't Durham County require handgun registration at one point?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did, don’t anymore. It was ruled unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did, don’t anymore. It was ruled unconstitutional.
View Quote

Sweet, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I was asking him from to  was due to driving especially coming from the north some states you dont want to be in long... county here give him tips on ranges and gun stores
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, looks like I have a job in the great NC!

What do I need to do regarding bringing my handguns into the state?

Transfer through an ffl?  Or just bring them in as they are already mine?
View Quote

Welcome.  Bring the guns BUT leave the “we did it like this” behind and register PLUS vote Conservative or Republican to avoid the blight the NE has become.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Moving from NY (Upstate - not the city).

Born and raised there.  Hated it since I got into ARs at about 17 when I learned about the fed AWB and then how NY made it state law as well with no sunset.  Lived with it for a while, then they passed the safe act....  Been working towards getting out ever since then...

I'm a Constitutionalist, pro-gun, pro-life Christian (ya know... the type the current NY Gov said has no place in NY...) - so yeah, I don't vote blue....  I'm NOT one of those idiots that is fleeing a high tax state to then vote for the same policies that required those high taxes.

Got a job in southeast Raleigh.  Got some family just northeast of Raleigh.  I'd rather be in the sticks, but gotta go where the work is for now...

I'll be renting, to start off, in Wake county.  and so long as all goes well, will be looking for a house/land (yeah I know.... pricey right now) in either Wake or one of the surrounding counties...

If anyone has pointers on decent apartments (1-2 bedroom) that are not a fortune and not dumps...

I was there a couple of weeks back and looked at several.  Some good ones near Knightdale.  But man they pop up and go fast... I'll likely be down again tail end of this month to try and find/grab one.

Since I have family in the area Ive been to and Triangle, Tar(love that place!), and Carolina Gun Runners(They had a freaking MCX last time I was there!).  Last time I was down there I also checked out Eagle (or Eagle one).  I'll likely be registering there for indoor range shooting.

Tentatively starting down there early next month.  Got a lot of logistics to manage for the move.

Honestly, I'm freaking out.  This could be a great move.  More freedom, a better climate for nearly year round motorcycle riding, more gun freedoms, no friggin snow!  Vehicles last longer without the bottoms falling out from rust, fewer potholes (due to lack of snow plows) more church options, new job.....

But could also be a huge mistake, leaving some close family behind, leaving a 15+ year career with a good retirement system....Leaving behind several good friends...

Im both excited and terified at the same time....

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome captainbarred, I'm up in Raleigh area too, Triangle Shooting Academy is another range option.

Check in also with the NC APC crew - always good to have new folk for our hikes!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Hop over and join the local gun forum:
Carolina Firearms Forum

Great for local info and for get togethers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Go thru pa i-81 down that way your not in md for that long.. when your in Va and speed drops to 55mph do it for the 10 miles its a speed trap..

Knightdale my son lives in wendell next town over.. prices are going up... he paid 285 for his house and now its aound 530k so they are going up fast..

I would look outside of wake county if you can.. rentals don't stay long on the market down here... people are escaping the communist crap holes..

Getting your pistol license can be a pia compare to other counties.. but still better than NY.. sign up and get the class done asap. This will be the biggest issue with getting your permit..
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Where at in Upstate? My dad is from the Finger Lakes region. Freaking GORGEOUS up there!

And yeah, check out the APC guys. We're getting ready to do some boat training in late August with @FREEFALLE7 as our main instructor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top