Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2021 8:13:24 AM EDT

Created this other thread, but not getting much traction...  Hoping putting it here will get more eyes on it?

(Wading in to fly fish behind Bodie Island Lighthouse or the Inlet Fishing Center at OBX in early June?)

Link to thread in Outdoor Saltwater section

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i live further down the obx... but pretty much scratch off flounder off your list to catch..

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i live further down the obx... but pretty much scratch off flounder off your list to catch..

View Quote

Ok. I'm happy catching anything really;  since I'm wading in, I don't know that I want to bother keeping anything.

Does any of the other stuff I had read seem viable? or is that area basically not productive during that time of year?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The fall is prime fishing season on the Outer Banks, and anglers can catch dozens of species along the beaches and close to shore. Popular catches in the fall include red and black drum, croaker, grey trout, bluefish, weakfish, spot, Spanish and king mackerels, and pompano
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The fall is prime fishing season on the Outer Banks, and anglers can catch dozens of species along the beaches and close to shore. Popular catches in the fall include red and black drum, croaker, grey trout, bluefish, weakfish, spot, Spanish and king mackerels, and pompano
View Quote

Sounds like you're saying there's likely no action in early summer?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sounds like you're saying there's likely no action in early summer?
View Quote

No there are fish to be caught.

As for wade fishing unless youve pre-scout the area before hand it may be difficult getting to the areas you want to fish.  Lots of marsh between land and water.  Also watch out for ploof mud as you will sink.  

I to will be vacationing at Avon that same week.  I live in ILM and fish a lot here so its going to be fun trying new areas.  My plan is to fish off sandy banks and or the ocean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top