Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:13:44 PM EDT
So to go along with the shoot, meet, greet, cook.

I know some of you are planning on camping too.  Well I have some extra time on my hands now, I will come to camp too.

Who coming to camp?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm camping from Fri to Sun.......if I can find a good spot close to the range. My tent is rather large. And there has got to be some firewood nearby for the evening burn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a maybe right now. I won't know until sometime next week.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I can come Saturday morning and camp that night. I can also bring a truck full of fire wood. I have a ton. I wont need the tent, I prefer to sleep under the stars by the fire.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Ill be camping out on friday night
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anybody know if there is a spot big enough for everybody to camp at the same spot?

Welcome to ARFCOM BASECAMP.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anybody know if there is a spot big enough for everybody to camp at the same spot?

Welcome to ARFCOM BASECAMP.

There is one or two spots along the road that should be big enough for everyone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm camping from Fri to Sun.......if I can find a good spot close to the range. My tent is rather large. And there has got to be some firewood nearby for the evening burn.

There are a couple of places past the range that are big enough for a group camp, but they are first-come, first-served.  And there is plenty of blow-down hardwood out there.  Just bring a saw and an axe and you should have no problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Like I said, I have a load of very dry firewood which will probably be rotten by next winter so I need to go ahead and burn it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Ranger..............bring that wood...........less chopping and hauling from the brush.
If you bring it.........we will burn it

but I don't know if we need a whole pickup load.

I'm gonna get there as soon as I can on Friday and try to secure one of the larger campsites.
Unless someone gets there earlier...........I should be there by 1PM.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I'm doing a preemptive campout tonight Cant resist the nice warm weather
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do some advance recon for a nice place and write down the mileage from the range.

Roger that
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do some advance recon for a nice place and write down the mileage from the range.

Roger that

That's just wrong wrong wrong.

I do hope next weekend in this nice.

This keeps up and I'll have to start cutting the grass.

Have a good time................and find us a nice big place for next weekend.  I'm gonna drag everything out in the garage this weekend and make sure it's ready for next weekend.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I am hoping that I can knock off from work early enough on Friday to drag the family out on Friday to camp out in addition to saturday night.

I am definitely looking forward to this.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Well It was a wonderful night last night not cold at all I did not even use my sleeping bag but just slept on it.
The place that we camp out is exactly 1/2 mile past the range on the left it is the same place that we always camp out at and there is plenty of room there for a large crowd.
the range was clean on friday and still today
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I have an extra coming with me.  My wife to be.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I convinced my wife to come along. We will be there around noon on Saturday and will camp that night.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Fri
Mar 17  Mostly Sunny
69°/40° 20%  

Sat
Mar 18  Sunny
60°/35° 20%  

Sun
Mar 19  Partly Cloudy
62°/38° 20%  

Guess I'll be bring the heater just in case
Hopefully it's not going to get that cold................hope the weather man is wrong this time.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Those of you that are camping friday night what time are you planning on getting to Uwharrie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm planning on being there Friday afternoon around 1 or shortly thereafter. I'm gonna try and find the campsite on the left 1/2 mile past the range that was mentioned earlier so there will be plenty of room for everyone.
Just look for a dark green 4dr jimmy with a special AR15.com sticker on the back glass.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm planning on being there Friday afternoon around 1 or shortly thereafter. I'm gonna try and find the campsite on the left 1/2 mile past the range that was mentioned earlier so there will be plenty of room for everyone.
Just look for a dark green 4dr jimmy with a special AR15.com sticker on the back glass.

I'll be there some time Friday morning I'll have a white Ford Windstar
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I should see everyone sometime on Friday. I know what Taverndog's minivan looks like, USMC stickers on the back glass.

I will be driving my black 4 door Ford Focus.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Ill be there around 4pm.

I will be in a 97 wrangler, green with tan soft top, with 33 tires.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#24]
If all goes well and I can knock off work early enough, we should be up there sometime in the afternoon, but at a devloped campsite since my daughter and wife will definitely want the above mentioned facilities. Plan on doing some crappie fishing and leaving a line out for catfish as well.

We'll be in a grey GTP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top