Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 11:19:20 PM EDT
Well I have bad news guys My Dr advises me that i have to make some changes and one of them is no more gun shows it is just too hard on me the last raleigh show damn near put me in the hospital the cigarette smoke and the lack of breaks is killing me For those of you who dont know I am a reccurent cancer patient. i have had it 3 times, twice since 2000.
This might actually turn out to be a good thing it will free me up to do more shop time and show up at more matches. but i have to cut out all gun shows. I am prepaid in Raleigh this May and will have blow out prices on everything i am going to try to well all my inventory and will go back to doing more of the "Custom Work" and straight gunsmith work. I AM NOT GETTING OUT OF THE GUN BUSINESS!
So those of you who have bought from me in the past and those who need parts and work done in the future dont worry if I am alive I will be working on guns.
this means that I am still willing to do the group lower buy if we can work out the details. DPH Arms will be taking over my tables after may and will always know how to reach me.

Red

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a shame, but I'm glad you've chosen your health over your business interests. Patronizing a gun show for an hour or two tuckers me out. Staying there all day for two or three days in a row would run me ragged, and I'm a relatively young man.

Galland

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
i'd rather have you around and kicking than run yourself into the ground.  

if its best for you, its a wise choice.   sounds like i need to gather some funds for the next fun show!

Red, you do good work.  i don't think you'll lack for customers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
This will allow me to restructure things here. i am going to continue to improve my current shop and still plan to build a new shop next year. i am just not going to carry so many guns in stock for "Display" it will allow me to stock just what I need to get the job done. I am still in the custom gun and gunsmith business. I may set up with DPH from time to time to assist you guys with onsight repairs and such at shows. I am just not able to do the 4 table set ups by myself anymore. it takes several hours to set up and on teardown I am usually so weak i cant even unload when i get home I have to p[ark my truck in the back yard and tie a large dog to the bummper to guard it.
Red
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Red, You sure it was the cigarette smoke last time, or the concert later that night?  Just joking!   I hope everything works out the way you need it to, and I look forward to hearing about your new shop!!!   If you need help in May, Tearing down or putting up, let me know, I would be glad to help!

I believe that time spent at home on weekends with the family will make you "well" in more ways than one.  Besides, you know the old saying found in a chinese fortune cookie, "you build gunshop, do good custom work, fortune follow you soon"

Have a good one!

Infoscout
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking as well this will free up more range and match time. i think if I go to one match a month either 3 gun IDPA or high power that exposure is worth a gun show or 2. plus i can participate with my kids my oldest loves 3 gun.
R
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
damn - might be my last Raleigh gun show too.  crap Red I hate to hear this - it was always a highlight stopping at your booth in a room full of retards in my honest opinion.  It sounds like this is the best thing for you to do for you health, family and sanity.  I will be in touch soon as I need some help on a few things...

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad you are doing what's best for you; and I will miss seeing you at the shows. I'll be sure and stop by your booth in May and buy something.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a bummer, Red.  I hope things go well with expanding the shop.  Hopefully some of us can meet at a show for lunch or something.  

Here's one though; maybe we would come to you instead of a show.  USMC03 put together an AR15 Builders Course (Armorer) for the Colorado guys.  Even though I've taught myself some stuff and have a handfull of tools, but I'd be interested in learning some more owner/operator stuff about the AR15.  Just a thought.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Red--sorry to hear this. I enjoyed stopping by your table at the Raleigh shows, and am happy with the build you did for me last year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
As far as teaching a class i am not sure if i could do it or not based on my current insurance riders but i am always glad to help with tech stuff. If anyone needs help building a rifle i am always willing to assist in this area. It has been my experiance that guys out there who are supposed to be "Experts" at this tend to act as if what they do is some great secret and are unwilling to assist novice builders and potential gunsmiths with tech issues or to simply offer advice.
guys like that are usually protecting against you finding out what they dont know as opposed to what they do. I am always learning something new and also learn from my mistakes we all make them. How you handle your own mistakes is what makes a person stand out in my oppinion.
Sorry for the rant just wanted you guys to know if i am still vertical i am willing to assist you guys.
Red
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top