Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 5:10:15 AM EDT
Email this morning.............

"The sleet has changed to snow. Harvey has decided that the range will be closed this weekend. Thanks for checking before coming.

Have a good weekend!

Anna"

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't mean to complain but ...

Is this range ever open ?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't mean to complain but ...

Is this range ever open ?

yes, but the land owners have issues with the road leading to the range.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info,

Would the use of an 4X4 be a possible solution ?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope, they close the road when it is wet to keep it from further rutting out. If the road is closed you can't go past the gate but if you really want to shoot you can walk about a mile to the range. It's really getting old and I almost wish I hadn't sent the $40 last week to renew my membership. I have a feeling that this is getting bad enough that the club may die off.....unfortunately. I always make it a point to tell prospective members about the road rules and let them make up their own minds if they want to join.

I'm going to the next PHA meeting and start the membership process. I really don't have the money, but that's about the only game in town if you want to shoot when you want to, 7 days a week.

The only other option is to pay $10 and hour and shoot at the 100 yard range at Sportsman Paradise.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info...

Are there any alternatives that don't involve lots of $$$ ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The range being closed so often does suck, but this place is only $40 a year and less than 15 minutes from my house.  I'm hooked!  And to think I used to drive to North Wilkesboro!  My check is in the mail.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I gotta get my check in the mail
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to agree that it is the cheapest deal in town and I probably shouldn't complain. It's just been a long weekend with a sick grandson and I'm plum whooped.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe if someone close by with a tractor and blade joined and could keep it bladed regularly for them would they change their tune?  adding a little rock would help as well but it costs $$ for abc delivered.  maybe just blading and adding rock in the worst spots out by the main road and back in the curve where it starts down hill, etc.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I gotta get my check in the mail

+ 1 ... I forgot...WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Reeldoc,

Are you talking about the "Sportsmans Paradise" Just over the Yadkin river off of 421?  Did Grandview Firearms training finally get it open again?  I knew they had bought it but didn't know if it was operational or not.

Where is the Pinnacle Range? I've never heard of it.

I live in yadkin county

Jason
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I was just at Grandview today, they said there still fighting in the courts, so they only have the rifle range open now.

PS       I live in yadkin county as well, maybe we can get together and go shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top