Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:19:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't hunt deer with dogs...and everyone I've met who did hunt deer with dogs has always been looking for thier lost dogs. I've found several on my land, and met up with packs of dogs who were running deer without anyone around. I'll probably get flamed hard for it, but I don't think its a good practice, ethically or enviromentally. (Yes, I'm a yankee transplant). NOW, the item about ONLY being able to hunt from a tree stand is bullshit. Ground blinds work and are safe when the hunter follows the basic firearms rules. (backstop, whats beyond etc).
I wouldn't cry if deer dog hunts were stopped.  It pisses me off when I'm still hunting and a pack of dogs run through MY field ruining my entire hunt! I don't want a deer thats been running for its life and is all jacked up on adrenaline. I want a calm deer who was eating grass up until the "lights went out". Hence, I have my own land. I should be able to enjoy my hard work without being intruded upon by hunters who make excuses for thier lack for control!
Typically, the dog owners won't take responsibilty for the animals...name another sport or recreation where you can just say "Sorry, the dogs can't read your posted sign!" and get away with it! <rant off>
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Limiting rifles to treestands is BS.

Letting your dogs run wild (and chasing them) onto and through other people property is BS too.  If you can't control them, then you lose them.   Inconsiderate bastards are going to ruin it for all the other hunters.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I got nothing against hunting, but at the same time I have never been hunting, except for a few tree rats with my friend down the street when I was in jr. high. But any way, I will say that I am against using dogs for it though. I have come across quite a few "lost" (feral, starving from being away from home, dead from being shot by other hunters, gouged by deer or boar or whatever) dogs and I must say that I thinks its in-humane to the dogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top