Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:12:33 PM EDT
What's the nearest (or most decent) campsite near the range? I've yet to go further down the forest service road past the range, and know that there is a uwharrie hunt camp site just off Hwy 109--does anyone have some tips for other locations I can use? Thinking about doing some shooting next saturday, then camp out for the night, then get up and shoot some more the next day
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I normally camp about 1/4 mile down the road from the range on the left hand side
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the small clearings right off the side of the road? Or off the road some?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone stayed at Badin Lake campground? It looks like it is right on the lake--but I am also looking around on my game lands map trying to see if it is near flintlock valley range..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a map of the 4x4 trails. It has the range and several campgrounds on it. Arrowhead is the closest campground to the range, but I would just camp at one of the sites on the left just before the range like taverndog suggested.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks John-NC!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Has anyone stayed at Badin Lake campground? It looks like it is right on the lake--but I am also looking around on my game lands map trying to see if it is near flintlock valley range..

I did a couple of times back in my 4x4 days, its pretty nice, but IIRC, they close the gates to the camping area at some point in the night, and those who are out wrong-doing in a 71 bronco with beer cans rattling around the truck will have to park outside the campground and hike back to camp.  Not that I'd know, but I heard that somewhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top