Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:38:18 PM EDT
On the advice of several coworkers, I visited Perrys in Wendell today.  Large shop, lots and lots of bolt guns and shot guns.  3 AR-15s is all they had.  No accessories for AR-15s that I saw, they seem to be very hunting oriented.  They had a large number of Hi-point and other cheap $80 pistols.  That is not a typo, $80!  They had some glocks, and a number of wheel guns also.  The staff actually appeared to want to help me, asking 3 times while I was browsing if they could help me.  Ammo prices were high, almost $5.00 for 20 rds of AE 223, and $110 for 500 rds XM193.  Gun prices appeared to be low, with the lowest prices I had ever seen on several guns.  They stock Liberty safes, which is what I wanted to check out.  A coworker just bought one and said that they were having a good sale.  I found a nice 25 gun safe, which will be delivered wednesday.  It is a Liberty Centurion model, which although low on the totem pole appears fairly substantial.  At 495 lbs its not like they will just walk off with it like someone could with the stack on safe I was considering.  It was just $649, plus tax and $150 delivery less than $900 out the door.  I only own 3 firearms, but feel the safe to be a smart investment.  So thats one new years resolution down!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
never mine i can't read.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Perry's.  They are very nice and have a good family feel.  I've bought three guns from them over the last three years.  I don't get out there much anymore because it's more than an hour away.  While they carry and will order AR's, FAL's, AK's and the like.  They will NOT transfer a stripped lower.  I called them a couple years ago to ask if they would, and the guy said "We're not interested," then proceeded to hang up on me.  I thought it was interesting that they will sell the complete guns but not the numbered parts.  I didn't look to them for any more of my business for over a year because he hung up on me.  I was also told they will not handle any semi-auto rifles with an LE serial number, (Like the Colt AR's) and if you mention NFA stuff they will freak out a bit.

So yeah, while I generally like them, I think they get too nervous about the "evil stuff."  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You  just have bad timing. Last week on Christmas Eve Day Perry's had their year end sale. All guns in the shop were marked $25 above dealer cost and sold. There were 86 people waiting in line before the doors opened at 8 am. I got there at 10 am and they were still two lines of twenty people each waiting to pay for guns. They do not have a phobia of AK's, AR's or any other type of gun. I'd bet they sold most of their AR inventory last week. Bushmaster "M4's" were going for $802 and there were several premium AK variants. A couple of the guys behind the counter are retired LEO (one SWAT) and a couple more are huge military arms collectors and shooters.

wolffie,
I will ask about the stripped lowers soon. I can't imagine them hanging up on you on purpose, I believe you but its out of character for them. They run the place like a old school family business. Most Saturdays you will find three generations of Perry's working in the store.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a bunch of guns from Perry's over the last decade.  Unfortunatlely I don't go there very often.  Kind of a long drive just to go gawk and see what they have, about 35 miles one way for me.  If there's a specific gun I want I usually wait for the gun show which comes to town about every 3 months and is a lot closer to me, about 5 miles.

Most of the piddly stuff like I buy at the show or order from Midway or Dillon, so the internet has taken a bite out of all local gun shop business from me.

I've gotten some great deals from them in the past and they've did a transfer for me about 4 years ago for a DSA STG58 FN FAL.

They have a website too www.perrysguns.com/

I will stop by the shop if I'm going to ECSI Gunsmith which is just around the corner from them, Tom Bellivieu (sp). Tom's probably one of the best if not the best gunsmith in Wake County
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top