Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:19:23 AM EDT
i was thinking we could do a shootout next saturday down at range1, i would like to meet some of you guys, so i was thinking range1 in lillington?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i was thinking we could do a shootout next saturday down at range1, i would like to meet some of you guys, so i was thinking range1 in lillington?

You located in Raleigh?  

If you get a lackluster response I'll host  you at Shooting Sports Inc up in Louisburg next weekend, weather permitting. I could host a couple other locals as well.  I think I took 4 or 5 locals there already.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
that sounds good to me louisberg ya say, i havent been up that way much, i would need directions
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Either site, I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still willing to host, I just can't handle more than 3-4 since it's an unsupervised range and I'll have to act as range officer plus it's a tossup which range we'll get.  SSI has a 100 yd rifle station which can accomodate up to 5 and 3 small pistol pits about 25 yards each, and 2 large 50 yard pits.   It's first come first serve so if we show up for one of the longer ranges we may have to accept one of the smaller pits which doesn't have the space for more than 3-4 people.  Even if we go to the 100 yard range there might be members there already.

SSI is capped to about 200 members, located about 25 miles north of the beltline up on 401N.  When I hosted in the past I met people at Cary Crossroads shopping center and/or along the way on 401N.

I plan to shoot there next weekend anyway and willing to host 3 others.  If you get more than 3 responses I'll bow out and assume you all will be going to  Range 1.

Since SSI is a private club they have their own rules which guests as well as members will have to abide by.  Nothing harsh, just common sense.  Have hearing and eye protection, no tracers, that type of stuff.  Rapid fire and full auto is ok too.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#5]
i pull for heading out with assault rifler
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I am in if there is room. Oh and Assrifle I have a canopy we can set up so we don't fry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am in if there is room. Oh and Assrifle I have a canopy we can set up so we don't fry.

Who doesn't have a canopy nowadays?

This is one of the two big 50 yard pits, the one we want to get if not already taken.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll host you three, thinking initially meeting at 9:30 a.m. Cary Crossroads plaza, if anyone's in the north Raleigh area that would be backtracking alot and we could meet you up in Rolesville along 401N.  I'll bring someone else and make it a fivesome.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:35:18 AM EDT
[#9]
sweet ill buy ammo this week, cant wait to meet some of you nutz!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey! Where is the frickin' tactical ironing board????
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey! Where is the frickin' tactical ironing board????

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You located in Raleigh?  

If you get a lackluster response I'll host  you at Shooting Sports Inc up in Louisburg next weekend, weather permitting. I could host a couple other locals as well.  I think I took 4 or 5 locals there already.

What are the details on how to become a member (and what are the benefits) of SSI???
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You located in Raleigh?  

What are the details on how to become a member (and what are the benefits) of SSI???

SSI (Shooting Sports Inc) is located off 401 N just south of Louisburg, about 25 miles from Raleigh Beltline.  Membership is capped to 200 members.  Renewals take place every year around March/April.  New members can join around that time frame if there's open slots, which there usually  are since people move, don't renew, etc.  For details visit Young Guns in Apex and talk to either John or Randy.

Membership is $140 or $160 a year, forget which.

Benefits are you have a place to shoot!  Has a 100 yard rifle range with 3 covered stations and an area to the right which is uncovered.   This doubles as a 200 yard range with no covered area.  If someone's using the 200 yd range you can't use the 100 yard range cause you'll be in the line of fire

Then there's 3 pistol pits, about 15, 20, and 25 yards each with berms to each side, and 2 big honkin' 50 yard pits good for pistols or short range rifle plinking.  Range is open 365 days a year from 9:00 a.m. to sunset.

It's also a primitive range, no electricity or water, no clubhouse, not a big deal, just bring a cooler and some drinks.

Full auto is ok there and so is rapid fire.  It's outdoors so ventilation isn't a problem.  You can shoot paper targets, there's some target frames but they're usually beat up so bring your own.  I shoot ground targets: bowling pins, beer cans, etc.  No glass or tannerite.

Range is unsupervised so every shooter has to be on guard to make sure everyone's acting safely, like no handling of guns when someone's downrange to change targets.

A big plus is you can park your car or truck right there on the range and your gear is right there.

Downside is it's near Louisburg, like I said 25  miles from Raleigh, but what range isn't except for the local indoor ranges, and only the Wake County range has a 100 yard rifle range.

I kinda hijacked this thread, but because some of the ranges are small, I need to limit how many I can host this time and will throw out an invite for the next time I go to SSI.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
How many canopys do we need? SWMBO has a nice one but it's a little on the large size.

Canopy: Check.
Chair:    Check.
Cooler:   Check.
Cigars:   Check.

Guns, guns? Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#15]
any of you want to contribute to my 1st handgun fund?

anyway cooler check
ar check
canopy no check

ammo not much maybe 140 rounds untill i can get another job
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How many canopys do we need? SWMBO has a nice one but it's a little on the large size.

Canopy: Check.
Chair:    Check.
Cooler:   Check.
Cigars:   Check.

Guns, guns? Oh yeah!

if u352 has one, 2 should be enough, mine and his, I got the 10x10 cheapie from Dicks Sportings, they're on sale again for $49.99!  Saw the ad in this Sunday's newspapers.

I usually bring:

- canopy
- ice chest with ice water/Pepsi
- cigar(s)
- tarp for catching brass and laying down goodies
- Tactical Ironing Board
- guns
- ammo
- cans for targets
- 2 folding chairs

Everyone needs to bring eye and hearing protection.

Who all can meet at Cary Crossroads instead of US1/401 north of the beltline?

ETA: added chairs to list
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#17]
12x12 canopy - Check
Grill - Check
Cooler - Check
Toys - Check
Ammo - Check
Cans - Check
Good To Go!

ETA: Crossroads works for me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#18]
crossroads works
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#19]
where we meeting at crossroads
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#20]
ETA: emailed, not IM'd everyone with my cell, please respond with your cell and vehicle description

in the front parking lot furthest from the front entrance of Cary Crossroads 20 Theatre.  IM me with what vehicle you're driving and cell phone number and I'll IM to everyone else.  I'll be driving the black Tacoma above that's in the canopy pic.  I threw out 9:30 am. guess that's a good time   I'll be willing to have someone ride along, I think I dissed u352 last time so I'll offer him a ride since I would next time and this is the next time.

u352 you want to ride shotgun?

Theater is right there where "Caitboo" appears

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#21]
black caddilac deville, cell phone was stolen so i will just write yours down
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in FV so Crossroads is fine with me. With my SO & Kids trust me I know where CR20 is.

White Ford Ranger "Edge".
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm in FV so Crossroads is fine with me. With my SO & Kids trust me I know where CR20 is.

White Ford Ranger "Edge".

Sounds good,

Here was from 3 or 4 range sessions ago:

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]
damn what do you do for a living?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
damn what do you do for a living?

Those arent' all mine.  I think there was a group of 4 of us that time, back in May, all ARFCOM members.
I work for a big computer company in RTP!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Is this going to be like the last time when my only option is to ride in the bed of your truck?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this going to be like the last time when my only option is to ride in the bed of your truck?

Well holding up my end this time.  Noticed I offered for  you to ride shotgun, I would of offered to ride AR15, but you don't own one
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I own two - I just never bring them out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
guys im backing out, i dont have thousands of dollars for gas, maybe in a few weeks.

fuckin gas whores!. 3.25 today
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#30]
that sucks, anyone else want to join us?

Ioffered u352 a ride, can you ride along with LesBaer?  I can't speak for him of course, but you're more than welcome, it's about 37 miles one way from Crossroads to SSI and 37 miles back. My tacoma is only a 2 passenger vehicle
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
:O( i dont have a ar15 anymore, took 1000 for it, i have a springfield loaded 45 now, and a bunch of ar ammo. and only 25 rounds of 45acp. and im taking a handgun class tommorow for 60 plus ammo so im kinda broke unless you wana trade 45.acp for 5.56

plan on getting another one here soon!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I got about 1/2 case of  wolf .223, if you want to trade no problem. Your call. I'll let you shoot my AR's anyway if you dont bad mouth them

ETA: got it backwards, I dont have a lot of 45ACP but have a lot of .223, you're welome to shoot up your .223 in my AR's tho
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#33]
cool... ill return the favor, i need .45acp and i dont think i can buy much.. i thought 5.56 was expensive
sheesh!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I can take someone no problem. It's only a two person pickup but I'm only one so that leaves a spare seat.

I'll have a .45 as well so I'll bring a few extra rounds.  (Hurrys off to check the stash, DAMNIT did I buy any .45 or was that 9mm)

I'll have an AR if you want to shoot your .223.  I'll be more than willing to let you shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#35]
roger that meat you guys in front of the movie theater at 0930
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm all set, see you guys at Crossroads 20 9:30 tommorrow morning.  Inspector said he'll be in a black caddy, LesBaer45 in  white ford ranger.  I'll be in my Tacoma.  You all have my number in case something comes up at the last minute or if you get lost

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks u352 and LesBaer45, wow long day, just got back unloaded the truck, wow I'm beat!

Inspector1 we waited until about 9:50am and you haven't arrived yet, had my cell  phone with me, no call or phone message so we assumed you weren't going to make it so that's when we took off.   Hope you didn't show up at 9:51  Hope we can work something out next time.

u352 thanks for the gatorade you left in my cooler

LesBaer45, thanks for the cigars   Love the cigar case.

Range wasn't crowded at all. We got one of the coveted 50 yard ranges all to ourselves.

Good to shoot with  you all!  Should have some pics up later tonight or tommorrow.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#38]
sorry guys i got called in last night and worked till 3am, sorry i couldnt make it. hope you guys had fun!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:31:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's some pics!

Basic range setup before all the shooting started, got the tarp, Tactical Ironing Board (tm):

The infamous  Tactical Ironing Board (tm):

Looking downrange:

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:34:43 AM EDT
[#40]
The Arsenal of Democracy!

Tarp's already doing it's duty in catching brass

The beer was nothing but empty cans which we set up on the berm for targets, no beer was drunk at the range of course

Loaded this sucker up 3 different times and laid waste to the berm

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#41]
The smokes!

Thought I'd bring a couple of stogies and share the wealth.  Here's my high tech tactical traveling humidor, which I took pride in

Then I realized I was outclassed!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for the invite assrifle. The cigars were great and I enjoyed playing with ya'lls toys. Too bad you guys didn't want any hotdogs.

Wuss.MPG

LesBaer45fal.MPG
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#43]
ahhh you guys suck, while you guys where out there shooting i was sleeping, then i woke up to watch a rugrat!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the invite guys. Great time.

Inspector1, remember you can sleep when you're dead.

Now I have to smoke all those cigars since it's too much trouble to put them back in the coolerdor.

Got to work on the FAL too. Damn it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top