Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:27 PM EDT
Moved to W-S for two years and I'm looking to buy an AR-15 to plink with.  The only way though is if there is an outdoor range I can use it at.  Anyone know of any local ones?  I'm in north winston-salem.  I know there is an indoor range not far from here, grandview I believe.  Also, anyone have any favorite FFL dealers to get a gun shipped to?  Thanks -Will
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up the "Gun Rack" in Kernersville. If you take bypass 40 east, get off on hwy. 66 and make a right (south) they are in a shopping center on the right. They have a couple. I have not been in a while.
Were you at exactly. I live in Belews Creek near Walkertown. You can also look at "Charlie's Hunting and Fishing" in Walkertown. Last time I was there he had one 20" Bushmaster.

As far as outdoor ranges go I do not know of any. Uwharrie National Forest public range is I think the closest thing we have. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive for us.

Greetings

Samuel
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Charlies and Gun Rack both had ARs the last time I was there.
Charlies and Grandveiw will only accept from another FFL.
Gun Rack will accept from an individual with a copy of their drivers license.
PHA is a private outdoors shooting range.Highway 150 south near Churchland .You can join.
I don't remember what it cost up front but after that it's $100 a year.  www.phashoots.com
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your help.  I e-mailed the PHA to see about membership and their location.  So far, I only have a walther P99, but want to move up to some rirfle ar15 plinking.  What do you guys shoot around here?  -Will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top