Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2022 6:08:02 PM EDT
Don't forget Aug 2nd is voting day for Missouri for weeding out some candidates.

Put that voting card somewhere on you to be sure you have it when you go and vote.

For those who've already voted by mail/absentee ballot, thank you.

Wife and I are heading to Holden early to cast our votes tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Don't forget Aug 2nd is voting day for Missouri for weeding out some candidates.

Put that voting card somewhere on you to be sure you have it when you go and vote.

For those who've already voted by mail/absentee ballot, thank you.

Wife and I are heading to Holden early to cast our votes tomorrow.
View Quote

I've not got a card or anything, except vote for me junk...

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know what to say, Smullen. We got our new '22-'23 voter cards a few months back.

If you have '20-'21 voter card(s) take it, as you should still be able to vote, if you hadn't moved and show picture ID and bills to prove it. It will have same voter registration # on it, as that shouldn't change and tells the registration people that you're registered to vote in that district. They should be able to help you in getting new voter cards before this November's Primary.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a lot of people got new cards due to the redistricting.

I am not sure if counties not affected by redistricting would have given new ones out for no reason.

I was slid over to the ray county state rep, when it used to be the clay county rep........ if i remember correctly. That county line is no longer the boundary for my district....... i think.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
So here's a Q for y'all... would you support a candidate that says:

2nd Amendment advocate and proud owner of 380, 38, 45, 30-06, 30-30, 22, and more

Erm... 9, 40, 223, 308, 50BMG? Vs Fudd guns.

He also previously ran for lieutenant governor twice — once as a Democrat and once as a Republican

Ain't redistricting fun...

Mike Carter in case you were wondering, and I'm thinking that will be a hard no from me.

ETA he's also general counsel for CarShield and National Dealers Warranty apparently...
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is the alternative? Compare, and decide from there. If you don't like either one, skip to the next one. I would not skip someone based on the type of guns they have though.
View Quote

Well 2 of the alternatives have at least voted for pro 2a legislation in Jeff City.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to clarify, you don’t have to show your Voter ID card. A current/valid drivers license is fine. Beginning in November, a photo ID will be required (unless there’s a successful court challenge to the new law).

Assuming you have a DL, about the only thing the voter card is good for is reminding you where you vote.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just to clarify, you don't have to show your Voter ID card. A current/valid drivers license is fine. Beginning in November, a photo ID will be required (unless there's a successful court challenge to the new law).

Assuming you have a DL, about the only thing the voter card is good for is reminding you where you vote.
View Quote

Yep, was in this morning showed my dl, it was scanned, got ballot and voted...

In and out in under 10.
Lots of voters, good to see that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So here's a Q for y'all... would you support a candidate that says:

2nd Amendment advocate and proud owner of 380, 38, 45, 30-06, 30-30, 22, and more

Erm... 9, 40, 223, 308, 50BMG? Vs Fudd guns.

He also previously ran for lieutenant governor twice   once as a Democrat and once as a Republican

Ain't redistricting fun...

Mike Carter in case you were wondering, and I'm thinking that will be a hard no from me.

ETA he's also general counsel for CarShield and National Dealers Warranty apparently...
View Quote
District 10 is a hard one to decide on. I am with you that it is a solid NO for Mike Carter. I have known Jeff Porter for a long time since he has also been my insurance agent all these years. And other candidates have also worked to protect our 2A right also. It will be a tough decision when I go vote later today.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Who do we like for senator, I am kind of torn on this one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got back from voting. And WOW, there were 21 name for US Senate on the republican ballot.

I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but the local 'strong union" RINO was at the top of the list.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking Schmitt, but McCloskey is tempting given the crap they experienced, might be good to have some who went through the leftist BS.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was thinking Schmitt, but McCloskey is tempting given the crap they experienced, might be good to have some who went through the leftist BS.
View Quote

Isn't McCloskey a criminal now? He'd probably do better as a Democrat... or in Illinois.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

McCloskey is a democrat. Always has been until the incident at his house. Then took a plea deal and turned in his guns. Hard pass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but the local 'strong union" RINO was at the top of the list.
View Quote

Candidates who show up on the first day of filing draw a number at random and names appear on the ballot in the order of the number drawn. One of my college buddies filed for Senate on the Democrat side. He drew a low number and his is the first name on the list. I’ll be surprised if he gets 1,000 votes statewide.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know he sued Bryco, right? Before he was a 2A champion, he was trying to put gun makers out of business.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah didn't know that about him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Schmitt?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, McCloskey. (Assuming you're talking about the lawyer, suing Bryco, Democrat, etc.).
View Quote

Me? I was referring to our new senator...

Looks like Callaway Co carried Fitzwater over Carter.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, McCloskey. (Assuming you're talking about the lawyer, suing Bryco, Democrat, etc.).
View Quote

Sorry, that wasn’t clear
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I voted yesterday and when they scanned my driver's license it came back as inactive voter. I moved in 2019 and had no issues when I voted in 2020. I filled out and signed some paperwork then grabbed my R ballot and all was as usual.

I'm glad I don't have any dogs...
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I just showed my Driver's License which was scanned. Then they asked me to sign on a e-tablet.

I had no trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top