Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2022 1:38:13 PM EDT
Heard on radio earlier that Biden is gonna request a 3 month gas tax holiday, and that Missouri and Kansas probably won't go along with this bullshit. I'm glad. When gas under Trump was in some places selling for a short time as low as $.99 and in my area for $1.46(I have a picture to remember the good times), then Biden gets in and gas does nothing but climb immediately overnite, to where it is now selling for $4.44 dollars and upwards to probably over $5 dollars still.

A gas tax holiday of what, $.20 max discount when the price tripled under this administration's leadership (more like loser-ship) and food/utilities/rent/etc are still putting people in the broke house without a way to get out and that's with working and not getting any raises to make up for the higher inflation that soared faster than the $15 minimum, where now one needs $25 an hour starting wage to help make up for all the other higher costs.

When you're on a fixed income, this inflation makes retirement even worse, and all Biden can think of is a measly few cents off at the gas pumps.

FJB and all the idiots backing him, saying he's doing such a great job.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
His Tax Holiday almost feels like he is thumbing his nose at us.  $.18-.20 off is nothing.  The price changes that much in a day.  Pump some dang oil of our own.  Make the country energy independent again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you really think that the domestic oil producers aren't pumping oil as fast as they can during a time of high oil prices?

I agree that the tax holiday idea is pretty pathetic though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Consider this.  If people begin to purchase more fuel because there is no federal tax on it, the demand will be higher and easily cause the price to increase.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Nuclear plants and EVs are what we need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top