Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2021 10:34:12 AM EDT
Taking the family over to City Museum tomorrow, is it in a relatively safe area to walk around with younger kids if we want to leave the building and find someplace nearby for lunch?

Also, I am assuming that the museum either meets the requirements of or is a posted no go zone for ccw but does anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Do NOT walk around outside the museum and do not leave your car on the street.  That museum is notorious for break ins if you are not parked inside the gate.

As far as carrying.....concealed is concealed but with all the crawling around such it would be easy to get made.

For both reasons, get there early and park inside the gate.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that. I knew this was off the main drag and I know 0 about most of St. Louis so glad I checked.

Eta: Though the hookah bar a block away was probably a good clue.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do NOT walk around outside the museum and do not leave your car on the street.  That museum is notorious for break ins if you are not parked inside the gate.

As far as carrying.....concealed is concealed but with all the crawling around such it would be easy to get made.

For both reasons, get there early and park inside the gate.
View Quote

Going to second delorean. That area has definitely gone down hill over the course of the last 5 years (and it wasn't particularly great before that).
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a seedy looking area, but it's basically empty from what I have seen. Not a lot of sketchy people wandering around, just sort of empty.

No signs posted, staff never mentioned anything about CCW, and nothing about CCW on the website. No metal detectors.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a seedy looking area, but it's basically empty from what I have seen. Not a lot of sketchy people wandering around, just sort of empty.

No signs posted, staff never mentioned anything about CCW, and nothing about CCW on the website. No metal detectors.
View Quote

I ended up leaving it locked in the car in the fenced in lot, family had fun and we never needed to leave the building until it was time to head home.

Lots of people were there, hundreds per floor, easily, it was largely uncontrollable chaos.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not been there in years so YMMV

it was safe and 1 hell of a good time for kids and parents
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top