Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2021 9:34:37 AM EDT
Ah but the new Mayor has a solution. She wants to cut 4 million from the police and put it in social programs.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-murder-rate-defund-police-mayor-tishaura-jones
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ah but the new Mayor has a solution. She wants to cut 4 million from the police and put it in social programs.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-murder-rate-defund-police-mayor-tishaura-jones
View Quote

Fuckin White people...

When this fails it'll be everyones fault but those in charge of this shitshow...
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to close the jail? Is she serious? At least the police positions aren't filled right now. But where are the prisoners going?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going to close the jail? Is she serious? At least the police positions aren't filled right now. But where are the prisoners going?
View Quote

They probably want to release them. They do it with foreign criminals.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just like KC....I think they are doing this...hoping the state will step in and fund them....seriously....they are trying to milk money from the rest of the state for their police department.  At least for STL....the state handed control back over to them, because they bitched and moaned about it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Kansas City Mayor saw that and said "Hold my latte".
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Two police unions one black and one white?    

Are you sure there isn't a Police Union, and then a black only police union?

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, yup.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let her try . . . local communities being the experimental laboratories for democracy and all . . .

Clearly, the St. Louis Police Department isn't able to stop the violence. Despite their best efforts, the residents of the City of St. Louis continue to shoot each other. (Dr. Phil voice: "How's that working out for you?") Why not try something different? Honestly, could it be any worse?

Full disclosure, I could count the times I've been inside the St. Louis City limits in the past 10 years on one hand. I don't have a dog in this fight. But I say if the City thinks they have a better plan for controlling their residents, let them try. We'll see what happens.

ETA: The story the OP linked to included a link to the Mayor's Announcement. From that page, you can find another document that shows budget information for the City of St. Louis. It appears the mayor wants to shift $4 million within the city's $400 million public safety budget. So, we're talking about 1 percent of the police budget. Honestly, her proposal to close the city "workhouse" seems like a much bigger deal: https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/mayor/news/mayor-jones-2022-budget-workhouse.cfm
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
And the city can't fathom why the county rejects their yearly merger proposals.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
God forbid a white person need to use their firearm for self preservation in that shithole.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two police unions one black and one white?    

Are you sure there isn't a Police Union, and then a black only police union?

View Quote
Exactly that.  Most of the black officers belong to both, but the Ethical Society of Police is just for black officers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Exactly that.  Most of the black officers belong to both, but the Ethical Society of Police is just for black officers.
View Quote

Sounds racist.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Friends involved in local politics are saying that there's real calls for deannexation of the Northland because of this.

I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top