Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2021 5:01:55 PM EDT
I wonder why Missouri is 50th out of 50 states in providing vaccinations according to the cdc?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, bad info I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, bad info I suppose.
View Quote

Ehh, not necessarily bad data...just different ways of interpreting it and reporting it.

I've seen it broken down a bunch of different ways:

-By doses provided to state / doses administered (Missouri is bottom 5 here...this basically means we have vaccines just chillin' waiting for arms. My guess is this means we will be back-burnered for future distribution and more doses will go to states that are more efficient at delivering them which will cause us to fall further behind in general).

-By percent of population to get at least 1 shot (Missouri is bottom 2 here...IMO this highlights issues with expanding distribution outside of front line workers and first responders).

-By percent of population fully vaccinated with 2 shots (This is what PursuitSS is showing...there's nothing wrong with this, but check back on this data in a week and I would bet we fall to the bottom 5. There's a 14 day lag between doses and the other states will have pulled far ahead based on how far they are ahead in the 1-shot category).
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
We're one of the states with the lowest active case count in the past week, so...

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top