Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2018 9:55:25 PM EDT
At Ft. Leonard Wood. Is it accessible with out driving on base? We are taking a trip later on and thought the museums would be something to see. I will have my CCW pistol (big NOGO on base) with us and was wondering if it is possible to lock it in my vehicle like we did at the Airforce museum in Dayton.

Any other cool stuff to see in the area?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the museum complex is on post.  No off-post access like at the NMUSAF.  They have electronic signs at the gates that say CCW is not allowed on FLW so you're SOL there.  Can't lock it in your car either.  If you don't have a military ID, you'll have to register at the main gate as a visitor.  They'll run background checks before granting you access.  If you really want to do it, call and try to get it done before you get there and it will make your wait shorter.  That's what I did with my in-laws when we all went to Redstone Arsenal last November.

If you decide to do it, it's an excellent museum that covers the history of FLW, EN, MP and CM corps.  They've also got a WWII barracks area and a vehicle park.  It's a very well-done museum complex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top