Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2018 4:13:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know because their chicken dinner is shit. More meat on a mouse and would've probably tasted better. Made my last trip. Of course, ours is company owned not a franchise so that may make it worse.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
As a BBQ judge and guy that is used to hanging out on the circuit, I gotta say the ribs I had at Joe's KC (gas station) two summers ago were competition worthy.  Maybe things have changed, or you got a bad batch, but the ones I had were pretty good for production BBQ.  And I rarely say that about ANY barbecue restaurant I go into as I'm used to sampling the best...….aged and injected Wagyu briskets for instance.  Sugarfire in STL has some pretty good brisket for being mass produced, and their turkey is good too.  Everybody has a bad batch here and there, hopefully that was the extent of it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Wabash in Excelsior Springs is one of the hidden jewels of the KC BBQ scene. You should check them out the next time you’re passing through.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/yHUiExmU40A4U/giphy.gif

Wabash in Excelsior Springs is one of the hidden jewels of the KC BBQ scene. You should check them out the next time you're passing through.
View Quote
The Wabash is good BBQ. I eat there pretty often because I live only a few minutes away. Also, my brother's band plays down there every summer.

However, the last couple of times I was a little disappointed. The food wasn't bad, but the service was piss poor. Maybe they just need better help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Local place I like a lot.

Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Wabash is good BBQ. I eat there pretty often because I live only a few minutes away. Also, my brother's band plays down there every summer.

However, the last couple of times I was a little disappointed. The food wasn't bad, but the service was piss poor. Maybe they just need better help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/yHUiExmU40A4U/giphy.gif

Wabash in Excelsior Springs is one of the hidden jewels of the KC BBQ scene. You should check them out the next time you're passing through.

Yeah, their service can be spotty, especially when they’re really busy.

We’re also close by, and have gotten into the habit of ordering take out instead of eating there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad you like Bandana's, because the one in Fairview Heights, IL is garbage.

A buddy of mine turned me on to this place in Belleville, IL (about 20 miles East of the Arch), and wow is it good.  The pork steak... If the guy in front of me ordered the last one, I'd roll him in the parking lot for it.  It's THAT good.

http://www.beastcraftbbq.com/
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I like bandannas, the food is always good, sometimes the servers are not the best but I find that happens everywhere these days.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Hickory Log in Dexter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Plow boys has good burnt ends and so does Smoking Guns.  I am a huge burnt ends fan.  Ribs are good, bit I smoke decent ones myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top