Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2018 8:49:27 PM EDT
Wondering about Union Station, and how "Safe" it is for guys like us...

Any problems bringing "safety" items in during a visit?

Asking for a friend of a second cousin.... Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Union Station, like the mall???
Unless things have changed there were no walk through or pass through detectors or security with wands checking you..

Again with the unless things have changed, that place was a Ghost town last time I was there, 95% of the shops were shutdown or in the process of shutting down..

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see enough there to make the trip...

Let us know, if it's different now...
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Good point, I did not realize there was one in KC...
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely looks better than the one in St. Louis....  Now, I'm sure thats the one he was taking about...
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Union Station, like the mall???
Unless things have changed there were no walk through or pass through detectors or security with wands checking you..

Again with the unless things have changed, that place was a Ghost town last time I was there, 95% of the shops were shutdown or in the process of shutting down..

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see enough there to make the trip...

Let us know, if it's different now...
View Quote
I miss the Great Train Store and the Fudge Factory.  It's sad what happened to that place.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here, I think those were the only two places there, I gave a shit  about...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wondering about Union Station, and how "Safe" it is for guys like us...

Any problems bringing "safety" items in during a visit?

Asking for a friend of a second cousin.... Thanks!
View Quote
Speaking of the one in KC. I was there around Christmas, and I don't recall seeing a sign.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, Sorry! Union Station KC MO.

Taking the Family there soon. Haven't visited there in 15(?) years.

Umm, I mean my uncles, brothers, former room-mate...

ETA. Damn.. What happened to Union station St. Louis? My parents took me there a couple of times on St. Louis trips when I was a kid. It was a pretty nice place back then.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The station headhouse is still very nice.

It's just in a city so 90% of Arfcom is terrified to go there.

The train shed / mall area is dead, but there are plans to revive it with an aquarium, ferris wheel, completely re-doing it. No idea if that's a pipe dream or what.
View Quote
Aside from my g/f who is a country girl and afraid of anywhere above South County, I really don't know anyone that's scared to go there...  People just don't want too...

For the most part (Unless its already revamped and the 90+% of the closed stores are back open) there is nothing really to see there...

Other than some things related to trains, which most ""Mall Customers" could not care less about... Small niche as compared to most mall shoppers interests...  I mean I dig trains and want to build one, but I rarely talk to someone that has any real interest in them.

Most of St. Louis has troubles keeping malls open...  River Roads, Jamestown, North West Plaze, Crestwood, Mills Mall, etc,,,etc,,,  All shut down except Mills with less than a half dozen stores left open.
There are as few on the Western part of St. Louis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top