Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2014 11:44:15 AM EDT
I wanted to have a little place on here where I could update what competitions were coming up for anyone who has thought they would like to try out 3-gun/multigun, or just to come out and watch.

Here is the schedule I have compiled of matches I know about within close-enough driving distances from most places in Missouri.

February 22nd            -CMMG Monthly Match

March 15th                  -Multigun at COPS Range in Rolla, MO

March 22nd                  -CMMG Monthly Match

April 5th                       -Mill Creek Practical Shooters League in DeSoto, KS          -or-          Gateway 3-Gun in Bunker Hill, IL

June 6-8th                   -Midwest 3-Gun Championship at CMMG range in Fayette, MO   (This is a large paid match with an attendance usually well over 200-250 people)

September 5-6th          -Generation III Gun Challenge at Lake of the Ozarks      (This will be a big paid match with incentives for junior shooters, and I expect the attendance to be near or over 200 people)

As I hear of new match dates, I will try to update them here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good thinking Eaze!      More than just a pretty face and a hat rack right?  

Also Tag
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
3-Gun Matches at Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO

March 23rd
May 25th
July 27th
September 21st
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagscribe!!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Im gonna try to be home for feb 22nd or march 15th. I can hope but nothings a guarantee.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be in for the 22 for sure. Hope to be dragging a few new shooters along as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Carpool lane is open from swmo to Fayette on the 22nd!

Can meet in Lebanon, Lake of the Ozarks, Jeff City, etc.

Set 'em up!  Set 'em up!

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I added these to the calendar.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#8]
My memory is fuzzy, what time does things wrap up at CMMG?

My kid's got his Blue & Gold on the 22nd at 2.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My memory is fuzzy, what time does things wrap up at CMMG?

My kid's got his Blue & Gold on the 22nd at 2.
View Quote

by 2-3 depending on how many people there are and how many people per squad
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Any more info on the CMMG match on the 22nd? Round count? Slugs? Buckshot?

Its pretty much anything goes as far as equipment goes right?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any more info on the CMMG match on the 22nd? Round count? Slugs? Buckshot?

Its pretty much anything goes as far as equipment goes right?
View Quote

No buck, no slugs. #6 shot or smaller. No AP or bimetal jacketed ammo. $25 to shoot.

No cross draw or shoulder holsters. Holster needs retention good enough to retain the gun with rigorous movement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#12]
We're about a week out, boys.   I'm doing a CCW class this sat, but am planning to head north on the 22nd.

Anyone in the SPFLD/Leb/Ozark area want to carpool up?  Cheaper and easier to ride along, if you are new we can figure gear out and discuss rules, methods, etc.

C'mon Dirt...where ya at?  

-m
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I already started one just probably not where the right people will see it.

CMMG/Midwest 3-Gun doesn't seem to have much info online about the monthly club level matches.  Am I missing out on a mailing list, Facebook group, forum or some other such way of communicating about matches?

I gleaned from this thread that the club level matches are 3rd Saturday Feb through November excluding May?  That info is two years old though, I sent Black_Rifle_LLC a PM and no answer yet.

Would that make July 19th the next match?

ETA: Appanoose Co. is having an IDPA-ish 3-gun match on Sept 20th if anyone is interested in making the trek north - it's just over the border with IA. more info
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I already started one just probably not where the right people will see it.

CMMG/Midwest 3-Gun doesn't seem to have much info online about the monthly club level matches.  Am I missing out on a mailing list, Facebook group, forum or some other such way of communicating about matches?

I gleaned from this thread that the club level matches are 3rd Saturday Feb through November excluding May?  That info is two years old though, I sent Black_Rifle_LLC a PM and no answer yet.

ETA: Appanoose Co. is having an IDPA-ish 3-gun match on Sept 20th if anyone is interested in making the trek north - it's just over the border with IA. more info
View Quote

Not terrible in Iowa, but I really wish all these events weren't 4 hours out from St. Louis.  I had seen in GD a thread where someone posted about some range in Sparta, IL that has events that's not too far out I don't think, but I don't know the name of the range or the event(s) so I need to do more digging.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The CMMG range is no more. They turned it into an offroad park and would be surprised if they hold another match there. We have taken over on matches in MO. Ours will be the 19th of July.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_32/561821_Lead_Farm_3_Gun_7_19_14_hosted_by_Tooth_and_Nail_Armory.html
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, really?  Didn't they just have the Midwest 3-Gun Championship not a month ago?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow.

What kind of off-road park ?

Trucks ?

Four wheelers ? ( dune buggie type stuff )

ATV's ?

Dirt Bikes ?

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
The Midwest Championships was held the first weekend in June. All this year everyone could see the writing on the wall leading up to the "closing" of the range. Each monthly match there was more rock and debris piled in the parking area for the range essentially eliminating parking for the Midwest match. Not only did it make parking a nightmare but setup as well due to some concrete being dumped in the middle of one of the bays. It is sad to see a good range go that direction.

I believe they are doing trucks, unsure one the other vehicles you listed.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Got it. Thanks for the info.

Kinda bummed 'cause I really had fun there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got it. Thanks for the info.

Kinda bummed 'cause I really had fun there.
View Quote

It was the first place I ever shot a match and where I went to my first major match as an RO. Gonna miss shooting there, but it appears other plans are in the works, and I can't fault them with the flooded AR market slowing some businesses down and the MW3G match directors sweet new gig in Florida.  I wish Ken the best and hope to either make it down to a match in Florida or see him at a match elsewhere....I'm gonna be jealous as hell when he is shooting matches in January!

The Loganbills put on a great match last weekend, and for their first match, there wasn't much to complain about. I offered them some advice for future matches and it goes something like this.... "do more of this, because that was awesome..."!!!

Here is what I have on my schedule right now.....

July 5th                        DeSoto, KS            Mill Creek 3-Gun match          (come celebrate freedom by making smoke and noise!)
July 12th                      DeSoto, KS            Mill Creek USPSA match
July 19th                      Versailles, MO        Lead Farm 3-Gun match
August 9th                   Bunker Hill, IL         Gateway 3-Gun match
September 13th         DeSoto, KS            Free State USPSA @ Mill Creek
September 20th         DeSoto, KS            Mill Creek 3-Gun match
October 11th               Bunker Hill, IL         Gateway 3-Gun match
November 1-2nd         Rolla, MO                USPSA Area 3 Multigun Championship
December 6th             DeSoto, KS            Mill Creek 3-Gun match
December 13th           DeSoto, KS            Mill Creek USPSA

There are more matches available that what is shown on that list, as these are the ones I am attending, whereas the other dates conflict with major matches.

Keep an eye on www.MCPSL.org and www.Gateway3Gun.com, as well as on here where the Loganbills have been great about announcing their matches in advance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top