Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2013 9:14:31 PM EDT
I know some of you don't venture in to GD very much, but it's something you need to see for yourselves.

I'm Dying

The thread starts with Fatalwishes (Jeff Reed) telling about his lymphoma. He had given his family the day off, and was feeling lonely. He wished for a shoulder to cry on.

Within hours, he had several visitors, many phone calls, emails, etc. When discussion of his finances, and how they had been hurt by all his time off work, he noted that he had $15k in insurance deductibles coming up in November. He wasn't sure how they were going to pay.

So, in true arfcom fashion, a fundraiser was started, donate here, and arf has raised $28,870 as of this posting, and counting.

One member offered to pay his mortgage for the remainder of the year. Another is picking up January.

The outpouring of support for this man moved me to tears. As one member put it:

"You are part of a family here that crosses state and national lines, represents all colors, races, and religions, and holds freedom, honor, and the America way above all else. Arfcom is what America should be, and we don't let our brothers or sister suffer alone."

That thread really, truly, is worth reading through all ~50 pages.

Pray for Jeff Reed, he has a long battle to fight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The power of ARFCOM IS indeed truly amazing sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't go through all 50 pages, but what I DID read, I was really moved by the love & support that this man has been given. I'm really saddened by his situation, and hope against all odds he kicks that tumors ass, but regardless of his outcome, it has helped restore my faith in humanity.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of great people on here.

I still remember and appreciate all the support I got when my wife died. Some still contact me, just to see how I'm doing, and that happened more than five years ago.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Through the morass that is GD cream will rise.  Great stuff there, I'll see what I can do to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top