Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 3:35:41 PM EDT
Senators is said to be vague. Please write to him and tell you what you think. He needs your input.

Roy Blunt

Contact info

GD Thread for though who don't ventrue there

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Already did last week.  Here is his reply:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the terrible shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.  I share your shock at this incredible tragedy.

As the father of a young son and grandfather to six children under the age of 10, I am horrified by this incredible act of violence against defenseless children and the teachers who were trying to protect them. Like all Missourians, I'm very worried about our kids' safety.

We must have a serious national discussion about preventing these kinds of senseless acts of violence and protecting our children in their schools, and that should include a discussion about finding ways to spend federal dollars more wisely when it comes to treating and identifying people who are mentally ill and intervening before they do something that tragically impacts their lives and the lives of others.

There are no easy answers here. The families in Newtown are still mourning, and this is not the time to have political arguments or a knee jerk reaction from Washington.

Like you, I am shocked by this incredible tragedy, and I hope all Americans will join me in praying for the victims and their families after this horrific and senseless act of violence.

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Lindsey Graham, Defender of the Constitution!  That's a good one, I guess the 4th and 7th don't really count.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't trust any of them, even if  they say they support us.

The last go round Jim Talent went on a national radio program and said that he would never vote for the AWB.
Guess what.  He did vote in favor of the AWB.   I still wonder who bought him.  He lost my support FOREVER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top