Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:09:28 PM EDT
This rifle rack was removed from what we thought was a mobile photo lab trailer that was won on the GOV auction site. I can't find the pics anymore but it was cool OD green with bedding and cleaning facilities and god know what else.

They were bolted to the wall just inside the rear door and only held three rifles So I removed them and let the trailer go to a friend. My question is does any of my hometown bros want these (for a few bucks) before I list them on the EE. Please don't think I'm selling in the forum, I'm just giving you all the first crack.

The barrel supports are rubber type coated while the lower stock support looks like chemicals may have been splashed on it. Or it could be just from a wet floor from maneuvers.

Hell they may not even be rifle racks but I would appreacieate the help.

Oh yeah, sorry about flooding the EE, I'm moving away and don't want to pack a bunch of crap with me.

Thanks,

mike
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In my interest. Where ya located ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This rifle rack was removed from what we thought was a mobile photo lab trailer that was won on the GOV auction site. I can't find the pics anymore but it was cool OD green with bedding and cleaning facilities and god know what else.

They were bolted to the wall just inside the rear door and only held three rifles So I removed them and let the trailer go to a friend. My question is does any of my hometown bros want these (for a few bucks) before I list them on the EE. Please don't think I'm selling in the forum, I'm just giving you all the first crack.

The barrel supports are rubber type coated while the lower stock support looks like chemicals may have been splashed on it. Or it could be just from a wet floor from maneuvers.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/hrsgrunner/IMG_20120102_133529.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/hrsgrunner/IMG_20120102_133633.jpg

Hell they may not even be rifle racks but I would appreacieate the help.

Oh yeah, sorry about flooding the EE, I'm moving away and don't want to pack a bunch of crap with me.

Thanks,

mike

Dang man, where you moving?
Seem to be missing the latches from the top brackets.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
St Joe to work at the power plant up there. That's where I've been stuck all summer long. Its tough to go from a state of the art facility  at Iatan to equipment installed in the 1940's.

I wondered how the weapons were secured while traveling or if they ran some cheesy rope/chain through them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

St Joe to work at the power plant up there. That's where I've been stuck all summer long. Its tough to go from a state of the art facility  at Iatan to equipment installed in the 1940's.

I wondered how the weapons were secured while traveling or if they ran some cheesy rope/chain through them.

Fairly simple spring loaded clip like things, if I think about it I will snap a pic of some tomorrow...

What everyone doesn't have a truck or two with mil-spec rifle mounts?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fairly simple spring loaded clip like things, if I think about it I will snap a pic of some tomorrow...  

What everyone doesn't have a truck or two with mil-spec rifle mounts?

The "L" shaped things are spring loaded latches

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

[div]What everyone doesn't have a truck or two with mil-spec rifle mounts?

The "L" shaped things are spring loaded latches

Those were probably there but I'm too stupid to notice.

Kerry  will you email or im me a pic or two of the FAL's you would be willing to part with please?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Sure, what is your e-mail?
I will have to take a good pic of one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
[email protected]

Put FAL or something like it in the subject line so I don't miss it.

Thanks.

One more question, I have a buckmark that wants to be cut to about 4 inches and threaded 1/2-28 with the front sight moved back. Do you got anybody you would recomend for just such a task? I don't really want to do the Packlite route if I can help it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure, I can do that.
if the upper can be separated from the grip frame easily and I can chuck the barreled upper in the lathe.
I can indicate it in a 4 jaw or chuck it in a scroll 3 jaw...

Heck I would even trust E1CM to do that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm FALs? As in more than one? Hmm....
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[email protected]

Put FAL or something like it in the subject line so I don't miss it.

Thanks.

One more question, I have a buckmark that wants to be cut to about 4 inches and threaded 1/2-28 with the front sight moved back. Do you got anybody you would recomend for just such a task? I don't really want to do the Packlite route if I can help it.

Shot out!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Not going to lie, I have never tried to put a rifle in this 'rack' and I am not 100% how it works, but that is how the truck came.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.meleetech.com/ar15/rack.jpg

Not going to lie, I have never tried to put a rifle in this 'rack' and I am not 100% how it works, but that is how the truck came.

Butt goes DOWN in the pocket (rectangular receptical on the floor) then the TOP of the handguard (triangular) fits into the cradle and the L shaped latch pulls out and swings across then holds it down.
with an A2 it still goes the same way but they were designed for the A1
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Aha, thats what I am missing, the rectangular forearm, makes far more since now that I look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top