Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2011 4:06:05 PM EDT
Gents,

Is the St Charles gunshow that's coming up next weekend worth going to?

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Its ok.  I have never found any great deals there that are any better than what you can find online.  I thing I did find there last time was a table selling military boxes.  They are about the size of four ammo cans stack 2 on 2.  $20 each.  I bought 2 and have used them to store all my ammo.  I was thinking about going back for more.    

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The show is ok.
Not really many deals to be had.
But the scenery( nice looking ladies) is really good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
amen!
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've found decent to good prices for components there more than a few times... Depends on what you are looking for. I plan to go...
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've found decent to good prices for components there more than a few times... Depends on what you are looking for. I plan to go...

I'm going more just to go.  Probably going to bring a couple of friends from work along with, too.  

If I find a decent price on a BHP or used Glock, I may jump.  I don't want to carry my nice BHP for ccw.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Was it me or was CMMG not there the last show?  Usually they're there but I don't remember seeing them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Was it me or was CMMG not there the last show?  Usually they're there but I don't remember seeing them.

Damnifino  

I just moved here!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They were not there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#9]
What about the Orlando Gun show  in St.Lous County Jan 5th, 6 th and 7th  ? They ever have any good deals or just jacked up dealer used prices?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know what the timing is for the show on Saturday? Open til 6?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I know that they usually open at 9AM. Not real sure when they close, but I am thinking it is more like 5PM. But not real sure about this.

I will be meeting up with a few guys from work at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast and bull shooting before the show. Then we will head over and have a good time looking at guns and jerky. And seeing what the other guys are buying. I am the black rifle guy, another is the old rifles guy and one is clearly the cowboy pistol and rifles type.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
The show saturday is 9-5pm. I will be there early hungover possibly, so if you see a set of twins that's my brother and I. Hopefully there's not a twin convention next door.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to the show today, picked up some AR stripper clips, an infidel dust cover, two pounds of star reactive exploding targets, three rounds of 12 gauge dragon's breath, and a sling for my AK.

This particular gun show has a whole bunch of goodies that the previous ones didn't
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went to the show today, picked up some AR stripper clips, an infidel dust cover, two pounds of star reactive exploding targets, three rounds of 12 gauge dragon's breath, and a sling for my AK.

This particular gun show has a whole bunch of goodies that the previous ones didn't

Happen to see any .22 ar uppers??
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't looking closely for them, but no, I did not. I saw a few SBR uppers at a table that looked like it had quite a few NFA toys, but no .22 uppers. That was the only table where I saw separate uppers and lowers at all, in fact.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#16]
anyone take one for the team and scope out this show?

Quoted:

Edit:

How much was it to get in?

Also, for anyone else, remember your downloadable $1 off coupon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Is the show worth a couple hours drive? How does it compare to the Springfield show? I cant make Columbia because of youth deer & Springfield will be during shot show so I dont hold much hope for it. Thinking about making the drive, but just dont know..
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#18]
IIRC it was $9 to get in, if you go to promoters webpage, you can print off a $1 discount coupon.

Not a bad show, but kind of different for St Charles show.  Not a lot of "evil black rifles" compared to usual.  Lots of parts tho.  Lots and lots of 380 pistols.  Good gracious you'd think everyone has given up a standard pistol and went for the two finger grip.  That said, there were a few tables with good prices.  I picked up a few large Army containers for excellent prices.

Last show there were many dealers with NFA stuff, MG's, SBR, and lots of suppressors.  It was the first time I'd seen so many suppressors at tables.   This time...... I don't recall but maybe one table with suppressors.  There were several with fake cans on the semi auto MPA mac type guns.

All in all, a pleasant 3-4 hr of wandering.

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone recall if JSE Surplus was there?  I'm wanting to aquire a 7" 9mm upper for my soon to be pistol that will become my slide fire sbr.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]
There was a table selling uppers and I did see a complete .22 upper there as well. Not a bad show but not the best either. And admission was $10
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
and wasnt worth $1
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
i thought there were more magazines then guns today....should be called the st.charles magazine show.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm gonna hit it bright and early. Any body else gonna be there?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#24]
funny how these gun shows stay open,seems these guys have used guns on the table and want $100 more then a new gun at the store,do you guys really pay for this crap?
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm gonna hit it bright and early. Any body else gonna be there?

Not for a $10 entry fee.  That's crazy and that show is not worth the price.  They're betting against The Kenyan that a new surge of buying will occur this year.

When shows first started at the convention center, there was a fee to park.  That went over like a lead balloon.

I'll go to the local gunshops, of which there is no shortage, and Tulsa in April where I generally get a fix that lasts for a year.

I went yesterday....they said the fee was good for today as well.  I'm thinking about going again, and taking a closer look at some magazines.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is the show worth a couple hours drive? How does it compare to the Springfield show? I cant make Columbia because of youth deer & Springfield will be during shot show so I dont hold much hope for it. Thinking about making the drive, but just dont know..

I thought it was a rather disappointing show, to be honest.

Too much non-gun crap.  Fake swords, jerkey, candles, books, shitty universal holsters, shitty Chinese tac gear, etc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was a rather disappointing show, to be honest.

Too much non-gun crap.  Fake swords, jerkey, candles, books, shitty universal holsters, shitty Chinese tac gear, etc.

That's a typical St. Louis region gun show.  Plus high prices, mostly.

Yeah, so I gather.  

I was tempted by a $500 Savage mkII BVTSS, though.  I didn't even see one K98!  Just a handful of milsurp rifles among the EBRs and fudd guns.

There was an old bubbafied G98 and a Swiss Vetterli that was missing parts.  The guy still wanted $400 for it.  

I did pick up a case of 9mm and a couple of boxes of 147gr Ranger T for the BHP, too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You'll see an old man with a table full of refinished mil surp rifles for sale.  He sand's 'em and slaps on a layer Tru Oil and calls it good, then adds a price like the rifles are extra valuable.  I guess he sells a few, but damn.

I don't recall seeing that but it wouldn't be anything really surprising.  

The guy selling the VKT M39s for $450+ was amusing, though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]
None of the shows are worth going too anymore. The shows put on by RK are a joke, 5-10 dollars to get in and it is always the same junk peddling vendors in there. I went to the St.Chuck show yesterday just for kicks because a buddy wanted to see what they had, well it was nothing special, i decided to try and pick up a few mags for various Glocks and one of the old guys was literally selling used mags for 25 bucks a pop, i asked if he would move on the price if i bought 10 and he looked at me and said "boy it costs me 2800 dollars to come to this show, those prices are good as they get". What ever happened to the days of being able to haggle with a guy and actually getting some sweet deals. Pretty much all we saw were the types prepping for the zombie apocalypse and mounds of army surplus garbage.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Show was meh. Not worth the trip. I did stop by Top Gun on the way home. A Slide Fire stock followed me out of there. It's a great ammo waster!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Show was meh. Not worth the trip. I did stop by Top Gun on the way home. A Slide Fire stock followed me out of there. It's a great ammo waster!

If you don't mind me asking, how much OTD? I'm interested in getting one. Been watching ebay/gunbroker.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't mind me asking, how much OTD? I'm interested in getting one. Been watching ebay/gunbroker.

Brian

There is one for sale in the EE for $350 plus shipping.  I bet no one takes it at that price.  Keep an eye on it or shoot the guy an offer.  One recently sold on the EE for $275.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Well st.charles shows have sucked for a long time,i am gonna put my s&w 6906 in its box and walk around with model and price on it saturday at orlando and maybe it will sell while walking around,or maybe i will happen to see a G26,G19,G17 or Savage bolt action i can trade for that is fair,If not atleast i got out of the house and will come home with my gun still and money in my pocket
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I was in StL this weekend and decided to hit this show up.  

I hadn't been to a gun show in 6 years.  After this experience, I'll probably stretch that interval out to every 60 years.

If you needed fake aimpoints, fake eotechs, NC Star optics, chinese pot metal knives or other chi-com crap, this was your show.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Problem is that unlike 20-30 years ago when all local dealers took there used inventory to the shows and closed there shop doors for the weekend,things never been the same,these guys would go and set up and would make deals as they wanted to make money and not have all that inventory,Now guys get a FFL and buy junk and then wanna sell it for more then what a new gun cost,guess there is alot of IDOTS out there that keeps paying these prices.Used Police trade in at gun show $550 just cause they think a cop had it its worth more and its better even thought it has no finish leftBut you can get them all day long for $350 at alot of places,Now if they would buy them say at a lot of 50 from CDNN ,Budds or the other store i cant think of at the moment,Then they would get these guns at about $320 a gun and then set them on there table at $400 and sell every last one,probably the 1st day and make roughly $4000 minus $250 for dealer table,I bet these guys dont make $500 profit all weekend anymore.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

It was 350 plus tax. Way to much IMHO for what your getting but it's by far the cheapest way to get almost select fire. It is a hell of a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I went with a buddy.  We both got a $20 AR case and I got 3 lbs. of Tannerite.  

My mom said my name's on a list somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I bought some, too. I was careful to not give my name that day
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought some, too. I was careful to not give my name that day

You are both already on the "list"

Oh shit I guess I am too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top