Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:39:27 AM EDT
Anyone seen any of these around KC?  Bullet Hole, nope.  Cabela's, nope.  Bass Pro, nope.  I already burned thru most of my supply trying out my new Spike's Tactical .22 conversion and CZ Kadet kit at the Bullet Hole over lunch today...

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
can't find any in Springfield either
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Fed Champion 500 rnds/brick (~13.00-14.00) will be arriving at Dunn's Sporting Goods in Pevely, MO today or very soon.  Sounded like they ordered two metric shit-tons.

ETA: this is the STL side of state, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two boxes of Winchester 333 at the Lees Summit Walmart the other day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, haven't seen any in months.  I've got about 30K of the good stuff and am trading 40rds of .223 for a bulk pack tomorrow.  

I'd have more fun shooting the bulk .22lr but need the .223 pretty bad.  Should fill up a regular mag and my deer mag.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#6]
over the weekend Cabella's @ St.Louis Mills mall had a ton of federal .22LR bulk packs.
$20 a piece though.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Check WalMart at 8pm-10pm every night. You have to race to get in front of those jerks who buy an entire case of it at a time just to sit on and sell later at an inflated price (or have a registered mg in .22lr...). My local walmart told me they have the concealed carry instructors come in and buy a case or two at a time so they can teach their students how to defend themselves with a .22lr...

It would be nice if Federal would allow factory purchases so those who require such a large amount of cheap .22lr can let normal folk make small purchases from WalMart.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm seeing a lot of Walmart's in the Franklin County area limiting all ammo to 6bx's per person per day.
The way they explained it to me was 6 box's of ammo total, not 6 box's of each caliber available.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I just opened the online coupon book for the Cabela's in Hazelwood and they show a 2,100 round bulk pack of Federals for 80 bucks. FWIW it comes with a free dry storage box which says it's a $15 value. If your Cabelas doesn't have them, maybe you could see if the Hazelwood store still has some and they could ship to yours.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just opened the online coupon book for the Cabela's in Hazelwood and they show a 2,100 round bulk pack of Federals for 80 bucks. FWIW it comes with a free dry storage box which says it's a $15 value. If your Cabelas doesn't have them, maybe you could see if the Hazelwood store still has some and they could ship to yours.

Thats not to bad with the box.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm seeing a lot of Walmart's in the Franklin County area limiting all ammo to 6bx's per person per day.
The way they explained it to me was 6 box's of ammo total, not 6 box's of each caliber available.

I'm not sure of the veracity of this, but a guy at the walmart in columbia said that corporate is limiting ammo purchases to 6 per customer
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure of the veracity of this, but a guy at the walmart in columbia said that corporate is limiting ammo purchases to 6 per customer

My local walmart took down their 2 box limit signs and put up that 6 box limit. Looked like they printed off and framed whatever walmart hq sent them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Check WalMart at 8pm-10pm every night. You have to race to get in front of those jerks who buy an entire case of it at a time just to sit on and sell later at an inflated price (or have a registered mg in .22lr...). My local walmart told me they have the concealed carry instructors come in and buy a case or two at a time so they can teach their students how to defend themselves with a .22lr...

It would be nice if Federal would allow factory purchases so those who require such a large amount of cheap .22lr can let normal folk make small purchases from WalMart.

What so im a jerk cause i have a gun and buy the ammo in bulk? Im aware im a jerk but for this reason??? Why are you buying the ammo? Because you have a gun right.....but your not a jerk?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What so im a jerk cause i have a gun and buy the ammo in bulk? Im aware im a jerk but for this reason??? Why are you buying the ammo? Because you have a gun right.....but your not a jerk?

I have a feeling that your posts (bragging about using your job to snatch up ammo in a scarce situation) are going to stir up sentiment like this.  It's one thing hunt down ammo dispatches in your area, but posting about it in the HTF is... provocative.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
So i use my job to my advantage, so what. I shoot the stuff, i dont buy it then resell it. Havent sold a single rnd of ammo i ever bought from wal mart. I have been offered $25 for fed bulk .22's and i have been buying them by the cases from wla mart so long i still have 5,500 rnd cases from when it was $8 a box of 550. I dont buy it to resell it, i shoot it. I been buying them by the cases loong before there was a shortage, i have several full auto .22's, plus AR15's in .22 and GSG5...combine that with 3 kids and a wife that all love to shoot plus i live on a range,, i shoot every bit i buy. Do you bitch at people who fill both the tanks in their truck? Should they only fill the right tank and leave the left tank empty cause the trip they are drivin at this moment only requires 3 gals gas? Poor example but...... I could care less what all these people who cant get ammo think, if they could get the info i do and use it they would too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I found Winchester High Velosity 500 packs at Sports Authority last night here in the Northland.  They also had 40 S&W, 25acp, and 45 acp.  All the center fire were high, the 40's were $37 for $50, and the 45's were Winchester white box for $47 for 100.  I told them I could get the 45's at Walmart (which I did last week) for $30 per 100, they told me they would price match.  Ok, there's my good deed for the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top