Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:18:13 PM EDT
So a blip on the news where the current prosecutor Mike Sanders was at an "anti McCain" Obama rally across the street from Union Station today...at the Liberty Memorial, ironically.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So a blip on the news where the current prosecutor Mike Sanders was at an "anti McCain" Obama rally across the street from Union Station today...at the Liberty Memorial, ironically.

Yeah, local politics is simply a choice between Funkhouser and Brooks, or in other words, Mao and Pol Pot.  Left and Lefter.

Good thing Missouri is a presidential swing state or I wouldn't even bother to show up at the polls (I vote everytime anyway, out of principle, not expected result.)

I don't think Sanders is the current Prosecutor.  Rather I think he's county executive.

Still, I think I'll tell him that I don't believe the County is so well run that the executive can be convorting around politically during normal business hours.  Sets a bad tone, don't you think?

ETA: While I know City offices are non-partisan, are county offices?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it's a gal from Lee's Summit named Townsend.  Rachel Townsend I think...Don't know much about her but Jim Kanatzer has been going around saying he's running unopposed.

Good old Jackson County is full of Dems right now only two republicans on the legislature Bob Spence and Greg Grounds.  Funny thing is the only woman on there seems to always side with Grounds that pair seem to always go against the old guard which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't think Sanders is the current Prosecutor.  Rather I think he's county executive.

Correct he has not been prosecutor for several years, and is current County Executive.

Also about his political covortings.

I was on a jury he was prosecuting for the week he announced his running for County Executive.
Trial was "mysteriously" ended early the day he held a press conference to announce his running.
As in  "Sorry guys something has come up, court is off for this afternoon,  come back in the morning".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top