Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 5:25:19 AM EDT
I just received a call from a friend who is a Greene County Sheriff's Deputy in Springfield, Missouri concerning the death of one his fellow Deputies. At about 4am this morning they received a call of a deputy involved in an accident. They were unable to reach the involved officer on the radio. Other officers were dispatched to the scene only to find the deputy had been killed in the accident. Further details are not yet available but the young deputy leaves behind a wife and very young children. Please keep this young officer's family in your prayers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats too bad
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
God speed sir and may the lord watch over your family.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Gary McCormack, a Greene County deputy, was killed early Saturday morning in a traffic crash. The accident happened on Farm Road 145, which is northeast of the intersection of Highway 13 and WW just north of Springfield. The deputy collided with another vehicle driven by a volunteer firefighter from the Ebeneezer VFD. McCormack was on his way to an accident call at Highway 13 and Highway CC. The volunteer firefighter was taken to the hospital with head injuries. .
McCormack was married with two children. He had been with the Greene County Sheriff's Department for less than a year. He had previously served 7 years on the Republic Police Department.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
And no one found the accident that they were responding too.

Jason
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I offer my prayers to the family and friends.  

Originally Posted By America's Most Wanted - In the Line Of Duty:

"It is not how they died that makes them heroes, but how they lived!"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gary McCormack, a Greene County deputy, was killed early Saturday morning in a traffic crash. The accident happened on Farm Road 145, which is northeast of the intersection of Highway 13 and WW just north of Springfield. The deputy collided with another vehicle driven by a volunteer firefighter from the Ebeneezer VFD. McCormack was on his way to an accident call at Highway 13 and Highway CC. The volunteer firefighter was taken to the hospital with head injuries. .
McCormack was married with two children. He had been with the Greene County Sheriff's Department for less than a year. He had previously served 7 years on the Republic Police Department.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family...

Do they know who was at fault?  It's been my experince that Volunteer firefighters suddenly forget the rules of the road when they respond to calls in there blue lighted personal vehicles...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.  -George S. Patton

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top