Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 7:56:36 PM EDT
So when does the law repealing the old PTA begins to take effect?  I heard the date August 28 being mentioned a lot.  Is this the FIRST date the PTA is gone? or is it the LAST date PTA is still required?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
On August 28th, feel free to walk into any gun store and purchase whatever you want so long as you can pass the instant NICS background check.

I know for a fact that some gun stores are already not requiring the PTA for sales.

But legally PTA goes away on August 28th.  Maybe it'll be like when the Playstation 3 comes out, you'll have lines around the corner from folks wanting to buy a gun without PTA's.

Personally, I'm picking up the John Ross .500 on August 28th
www.john-ross.net
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Stopped by the shop where I have a CZ75 SemiCompact put back and the owner was telling me that he has got quite a few handguns layed away for folks just waiting for the end of the month. I'd suspect it's like that all over the state. I'm probably going be more broke than I usually am, because of this I get around quite a bit in my travels through the day and when I get a minute or two I'll drop into a gun or pawn shop to look around. I've passed on many a handgun because of the hassle of getting the PTA. Ironic how that is real close to PITA(pain in the A**).
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On August 28th, feel free to walk into any gun store and purchase whatever you want so long as you can pass the instant NICS background check.

I know for a fact that some gun stores are already not requiring the PTA for sales.

But legally PTA goes away on August 28th.  Maybe it'll be like when the Playstation 3 comes out, you'll have lines around the corner from folks wanting to buy a gun without PTA's.

Personally, I'm picking up the John Ross .500 on August 28th
www.john-ross.net

Hey! That's the same gun I am getting. I ordered the black finished one, something different. Which are you getting and did you pick your serial number?
What time do you plan on picking it up? I was going to wait til that monday and call him for a time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
First thing I'm getting is a P3at.
After that who knows...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting SN 25.

I can't wait too.  I was going to get the black as it just looks so darn cool but I changed my mind and will be getting the stainless as all my other revolvers are stainless.  I guess I'm being consistent....maybe I'm being stupid.

Either way....I'm so stoked!

Do we have to go to TJ Mullins office to pick it up?  It will be kind of cool to meet him.  Can I touch your stache?

I'm kind of scared to tell you the truth.  Did you read the review over at Gunblast?

I'm a virgin .500 shooter.....be gentle big fella
Top Top