Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:22 PM EDT
High I live in St. Louis, and in Cape Girardeau during school months. Just wondering who has the best prices on AR's. Preferably a Bushmaster, or RRA, maybe even a Stag. I just want a good "M4 style" AR at a good price.

Thnaks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ryan,

DO NOT buy an AR from a dealer, if you are here in Cape and want a good deal on an AR, IM or email me and we'll get together and get you a nice M4.  I'm not trying to sell you one as I don't have one for sale, but we can sure enough build you one

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
So what your saying is, ordering the parts online, and go through an FFL with the Lower is probably the best route?

BTW is there any FFL's around here that don't rape you on transfer fees?

thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If finding a lower becomes an issue make a road trip up to CMMG!  I hear its like candyland for gun nuts.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If finding a lower becomes an issue make a road trip up to CMMG!  I hear its like candyland for gun nuts.

Justin

What kind of AR stuff do they have for alse there? What town are they in again?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, but what is CMMG?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm surprised they haven't (Jeff or John popped up on this thread yet)  I believe it is short for Central Missouri Machine Guns... but maybe I made that up.  www.cmmginc.com  They make their own as well as resell all kinds of guns/parts for AR's and M16 type weapons.  I recently purchased a DPMS upper from them and couldn't be happier with it.  One hole 5 shot groups :)  But they stock all kinds of goodies.  They're in Fayette MO, about 45 minutes North of Columbia I think and a bit west.  I actually only have dealt with them at shows, I'll see their shop in April for the 3 gun match there.

You can check out their goods by using the MO for sale thread stickied in the hometown forum for Missouri.  They're industry partners on the site, have great service, and seem to be all around good guys.  They're probably 3 hours or so from you but if you make a list they can probably have everything you need there when you go and if you time it when there is an event like the MODCC or the 3-gun match you'll have a nice road trip.

If it was me I'd source the parts on the Equipment Exchange... in the AR-15 forum there are lots of threads with parts lists and so forth.  Then just go to CMMG for the things you need specifically from them.  i.e. if you like one of their uppers and your lower.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#8]
See I knew they'd be here :)  

PS John (it was you in KC right?)  I found that pistol permit I dropped, IN MY OWN DAMNED POCKET, THEN I left my shopping list with the cops checking stuff at the door!!!  Talk about feeling like a dork.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Ryan,

Shoot me an email or IM with your number and I'll give you the down-low on the dealers to stay away from and the one's to frequent around here.

glock223
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top