Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 3:53:27 AM EDT
Man I freakin suck at shooting compared to these guys!!!! Cross country ski, STOP, shoot OFFHAND at  five 1.5" targets @ 50 meters,Cross country ski, then do it again,Cross country ski, then twice prone,Cross country ski,!!!!!Wht an event!!!! Man I frickin love the Olympics!!!!  GO USA!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW!! That was a killer event!!! What freakin endurance and control!!! Man!!!

Truly gives you an appreciation of not only an athletes physical ability, but their mental state too. And lets not forget that this is also where equipment can make or break you. One bad load, one jam, or rifle failure can frickin deal you out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang, I missed it.  When is the next Biathlon event?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just saddened at how poorly we (USA) performed individually.  IIRC our top man was 10th and our best woman was 42nd!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't get to watch any of it.

And yeah, they can out-shoot me as well
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how well an informal Spring or Fall (Summer is too damn hot for this) Biathlon event would go over with our Missouri members?

Maybe a cross between a woods walk and a "run with the guns you brung" event.  Scored on time and hit or miss targets.  Maybe include a team portion where rifle and pistol targets must be engaged simultaneously.  One target shot with a field pickup gun, one long range target.

I've been mulling this over - the biggest problem is a site, I think.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder how well an informal Spring or Fall (Summer is too damn hot for this) Biathlon event would go over with our Missouri members?

Maybe a cross between a woods walk and a "run with the guns you brung" event.  Scored on time and hit or miss targets.  Maybe include a team portion where rifle and pistol targets must be engaged simultaneously.  One target shot with a field pickup gun, one long range target.

Only if you score it in such a way that slower=better

Of course, if it was down here, you'd have to have a section shooting FROM a pickup in a field, not with a field pickup gun.   Hurray OZARKS!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you score it in such a way that slower=better

Of course, if it was down here, you'd have to have a section shooting FROM a pickup in a field, not with a field pickup gun.   Hurray OZARKS!

How about from the top of a hay bale on a trailer?

One fall night when I was flying into Poplar Bluff there was a field about 5 miles north of the airport with trucks on 3 sides shining their lights - they all shut their lights off when I made a circling pass.  I always wondered about their plan for cross firing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top