Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:41 AM EDT
PASS!  The sherriffs department is full of you-know-what!  Its been three weeks and they haven't even begun to process my ccw permit.  People in surrounding counties that I know have had their permits processed in less than three weeks.  I guess king Phillips doesn't feel that his subjects are smart enough to carry a gun like his deputies.  Don't waste your time with those idiots, get a florida permit, then write a letter and tell them about the training funds they lost!

Okay I'm done ranting now, be greatful if you have a sheriff, and not a politician like we do.

Any ar15 guys on the dept?  Anyway to speed this up?   Or do I just have to hope I don't get robbed or carjacked until 45 days are up?

Polytech
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Poly,

I've had my FL CCW for 8 years now, although it's only semi-recently been valid here.  I think the positives far outweigh the negatives in the FL vs. MO CCW debate.

You should still be good to go as far as the carjacking goes as you still should be legal when carried in your vehicle (not sure on the age restriction on this).  You just wont be able to hang out at the local "stop and rob" at 2am , "waiting for the shit to go down".  

Although I'm not a fan of the 7 day waiting period for HG permits, when other Sheriff Depts can work the permits in 10 minutes, JCSD has been very good to me as far as class 3 firearms go.  There is nothing better than walking in, in shorts and t-shirt, and having them sign off on a Machine Gun or SBR, like it's no big deal.

Good luck on your MO CCW issue.

scottMO
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Although I'm not a fan of the 7 day waiting period for HG permits, when other Sheriff Depts can work the permits in 10 minutes, JCSD has been very good to me as far as class 3 firearms go.  There is nothing better than walking in, in shorts and t-shirt, and having them sign off on a Machine Gun or SBR, like it's no big deal.

Ditto on the NFA stuff. I walk in and 5 minutes later I walk out with a signed form 4.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
All true, I can't get over the HG purchase permit thing, they don't even make it convenient to pick the completed form up only during business hours... but you can drop them off any time.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of the purchase permits soon, there's no reason since we have the insta check now.  There has been talk that it was getting worked on for this legislative session.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll take a signed form 4 in 5 minutes anyday and not worry about the waits for handgun permits and CCW licenses.

I gave up on Jackson Co CCW a long time ago and went with Florida.  With a little luck we will be able to carry in Kansas soon.  The votes sounded good the other day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It's amazing the difference in counties.  Clay was putzing around on CCW so I got the FL permit.  But on pistol permits it's a 5 minute process.  Then you hear about places making you wait every last second they can by law.  The stupid little games they play.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Got my FLA. permit as soon as the law passed here. They were putzing around with the damned money issue, and I figured I wouldn't wait.
Only times I was in Jackson Co. was when I was on transports for Miller Co. SD.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in St. Louis County, which seems to have similar attitudes to Jackson Co.  They were one of the last holdouts that would not issue permits until the legislature forced them to.  The County actively spent tax dollars fighting the CCW initiative before and after it was passed.  

I have had a UT permit for the past 10 years.  I was legal to carry in MO the second the law went into effect, so STL County can kiss my butt and keep their permit.  

My attitude is that if the county didn't want my money a year ago, they sure aren't getting it now.  

I should comment that the county's attitude is a political one, and is not necessarily representative of the police who administer and enforce the laws.  I had a talk with the guy in charge of gun permits for the county and he didn't seem opposed to it.  I was getting paperwork for a machinegun signed, and he wasn't opposed to that either, so that's a good sign.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I live on the Ks. side of KC now, but I'm from Sedalia, and I always consider myself a Missourian. However, the "process" of getting a pistol in Missouri STINKS of registration to me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Out of curiosity what is required for a pistol purchase over in KS?

I know you guys are getting or just got CCW so grats ;)

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Out of curiosity what is required for a pistol purchase over in KS?

I know you guys are getting or just got CCW so grats ;)

The most I've ever bought at once, was 3. 1 yellow form <which I hate> and I was out the door in 15 minutes. I'm assuming that there might be a limit for one purchase, but I never checked on something like that. Cash and carry is the rule over here.

Edit: on the CCW. Yeah, I'm glad that the hypothetical situation of carrying without the "permit" won't be something I wonder about much longer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top