Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:08:05 PM EDT
Tomorrow we get inspected by BATFE at 1pm.  We are ready!  

FFLs, how long after your inspection did you actually get the BATFE's blessing as a dealer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with the inspection, Duke.  

On a sad note, my FFL friend at work (who I've been getting all my guns from lately) passed away last week; he was only 56.  

I wish you could have met him- he was a great guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Duke - I'll echo Karl here.  Good luck with the inspection.  I hope it goes well for you guys.

Karl - sorry to hear about your friend.    My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Karl, how did your friend die?  You told me alot about him, he seemed like a cool dude.  What happened with him?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
He'd had some health problems and had spent some time in the hospital a year ago.  He had been pretty good since then, but 2 weeks ago, he collapsed in the garage at lunch time.  They took him to the hospital and did a bunch of tests and didn't find anything wrong with his heart.  I last heard from him on Tuesday that he was having problems with high blood pressure going way low and way high, and they were trying to find a way to stabilize it.  He died the next day.  

He was a really good guy.   He used to be a Baptist minister (he still was one, just not active).
Everyone who met him liked him, and he liked just about everyone he met.  He really valued all the friendships in his life.

...and of course, he loved guns.  I helped get him into AR-15's.  I bought my Bushy M4gery through him, and he liked it so much that he got one just like it for himself.  He even got a Trijicon Reflex II sight  for it  just like the one I got for mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That sucks Karl.  Sorry to hear that.  

The inspection went very well today.  We should be licensed in 8 to 10 business days.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck Duke!
But ya might wanna put your dog at the kennel and have plenty of fire extinguishers on hand just in case.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Oops, double tap...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Columbia the Invincible Sturmhund is safe.  Thanks for your concern Gary. LOL

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
she cute puppy..... you good little good doggy.

Duke im going have to come see you i miss columbia playin ball.

good doggy..

good luck bud.

Ronald
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes you have to come visit!  I have to make you an offer you can't refuse on a gun so I can drag you all the way out here to do the transfer, hehe.

We are hoping to have our Grand Opening at the end of the month during the Holden Fall Fiesta which is a pretty big deal around here.  BATFE says there's no reason that can't happen.  We should have the 07 before the middle of the month according to them!

P.S. Bead blasters are soooo cool!  If I knew how much fun they were I would have gotten one years ago just to mess with.  Remember the Enfield No. 4 bayo that you gave me years ago?  I blasted it for less than two minutes tonight just to make sure that the setup was working properly.  I took a couple of pics in the aftermath, of the bayo next to its scabbard.  The scabbard was actually in better shape than the bayo if you remember!

Buh bye rust.  Buh bye cold blue.  Hello proof marks that I never noticed before.

Next it will go to the parts washer to make sure that is working, and then it will be one of the first pieces I hot-tank blue during the testing of that setup.  Don't worry, I'm leaving the rest of the No. 4 untouched.  Ozy's old Ishapore, however, is going to get the full treatment!  Muhahahhaahaha....

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Woot.  Glad to see its going guys.
I'll have to talk to Mel about coming down for the fall fiesta thingger.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Shouldn't take very long to get your license.  My 07 FFL showed up in the mailbox 18 days after my ATF "check-out" inspection.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
So... How did it go Duke?

BTW, I need to talk to you about a conversion for my Saiga.

Let me know when you think you'll have everything up and running and have time to mess with something like that.  

3n8fan
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Should be ready to rock at the end of the month, Justin.  You'll like the setup.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Let me know the date and I'll try to make it up there for the Grand Opening.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
"The Setup"
from a machinists point of view...

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Kerry: take the yellow filter off your digicam bro!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#18]
No yellow filter the lighting in the room made it look like that! I should have used a fill flash...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Mike,  that is awesome!!  Congrats on the successful inspection.  

I miss Columbia too.  She is a nice dog.  Love to see how she fetches the tennis ball.

Ron, when you going to see Mike ... give me a holler.  I may go with you.

Hell yeah, refinish that old Ishapore.  When you are done, will you sell it back to me ?

oz
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#20]
i will bud, it might be soon i dont know, i need to get out before i go up two flights of stairs and check my self into our mental health dept.

if i go down i will yell thats for sure.

Ronald
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top