Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 2:44:20 PM EDT
I'm also looking at building a post ban AR.  Beta beat me to the question before the boards went down.  I would like to put it together myself.  Are there any suggestions on this?  FAC guns and stuff and others sell lower kits with all the parts.  They also sell kits to complete a lower if I purchased a stripped lower.  The head spacing seems to point to buying a complete upper, so is it possible to put one of these together (head spacing gauge aside)?  I do have access to a "real gunsmith" if needed, but building most or all of it would be something I would love to do.    

Also if anyone is having problems with a Century L1A1 yell at me.  I have been through every problem you can have.  Loose barrel, head spacing, feeding and milling problems.  My new motto is IT WILL WORK DAMN IT!

I would like to thank everyone for letting me slip in to the last shoot.   I really enjoyed myself.  My name is Brad and it was kind of chance that I hit the range that day and mousegun87 you guys were there (I didn’t even have a belt for my 45 holster!).  It was really a great time and I am looking forward to the next shoot.    

Hey Metalman, I missed you and beta for beers at O.C., but I still need that dremmel, I’ll call you.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
SHD,

we'll talk about this tomorrow.  

oz
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mousegun87 and all,
Lots of great info at the shoot, and had a great time!  Thanks to all who put it together.  See you in December!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
[Unashamed Plug]Jeff has all the parts you need at CMMG, and he'll get you the best parts going, and give the the coveted MODCC buyer's discount[/Unashamed Plug]

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent...I will contact him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
another vote for CMMG, you start out with one AR then next thing you know you will have 4 and one lower wanting a uppper. Jeff and John are top notch, and not just for AR stuff. Ronald
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
MP906 was commenting on my vest from BLACKHAWK...

Both our sponsors are Blackhawk distributors...
I know Sableco has the lowest price I've seen posted for the gear, and I'm sure that CMMG will be competitive...

The vest I got was from Galls for $49.99
www.galls.com/index.html
I think they were discontinued Blackhawk vests...
Go to the clearance link at the website...
then go to the military link...
just checked it looks like they still have some left...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top