Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 4:38:37 AM EDT
MO Board of Law Examiners updated their webpage last night, and I'm not on the list.  I don't know how well or how poorly I did until I get a full disclosure from them by snail mail.  Its possible that I passed one section and will only have to retake the other half of the test.  

Like I told everyone who asked, I really didn't know if I passed it or not.  Looks like I have another 5 months of studying in front of me, and I'm not sure what will happen with my job situation, but I've personally handed out about 50 resumes since August began and I haven't received one phone call yet, so it probably can't get worse than it is now.

Seriously, you didn't think they were going to let this guy be a lawyer did ya?

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks prepared to take my money.

Seriously, best of luck Duke.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks prepared to take my money.

Seriously, best of luck Duke.

yeah i see a pen in his pocket

yeah best of luck, remember half of all lawyers graduted at the bottom 50 per cent of their class
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd demand a recount!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]
And I would be in that lower half, Tequila.  The way I look at it, I got my degree and nobody can take that away from me.  If you get in some kind of major trouble they can disbar you later and strip you of all kinds of stuff, but they can't take your degree away.  And I'm only 27 years old, most of the people I graduated with are in their mid 30s, so if I have to wait another 6 months before I get past this test I'm still ahead of the game.  Until then I have a fiancee' who still loves me, a house that's alot of fun to work on, and a safe full of old guns that I hopefully won't have to sell to pay bills.  I guess if the rest of my life wasn't going so damn well I'd be more upset about this, but as it is I'm lucky that I have alot of support structure from family, friends (including alot of you guys of course), and my girl.

EDIT:  Thanks Steve.  

By the way, the pass rate for this administration of the test was 77%, so there are around 190 other test takers who are in the same boat I'm in.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear about the test results, Duke.  I'm glad to hear that the rest of your life is going well, though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
man, that ruined my day, i was pulling for you, i figured you had it. well if there is anything i can do yell. you know how to reach me. sorry bud. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Duke,
You'll pass it next time.  Just keep studying.  You did the hard part - getting the degree.  Nothing worth having is easily obtained.  
As far as what part of your class you graduated or how many times it takes to pass the Bar, none of that matters.  You will end up learning so much more from experience as a lawyer and will become the best lawyer you can be.
Just remember to take breaks from studying so you can do some reloading...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Hang in there, bud.  Read my sigline.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#10]
aw, mike, whatta pain

we still love ya, keep on studying

anne
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#11]
You look just like most lawyers I know. You'll fit in fine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, crap.  

If I die soon, I die intestate.  

Do your best to stay alive, Mike.  Imagine the gruesome orgy of BOTD and MARPAT threads that would consume the board following your absence!

Here, I'll post up a rough draft that I wrote for you:

TEH WILL

I, Teh Beeskeeper, doth hereby bequeath and, um, otherwise give my bigass STATE ARMS .50 cal to my guud buddy Duke Nookem when I shufle off this mortel coil.  Teh end!

Truly, laughter is the best medicine.  By the way, for any of you who haven't seen me in much other than cammies and a ski mask, here I am cleaned up with my "Duchess":

No photoshopping allowed on that one, the rest of the time you guys can chop me to your heart's content.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]
WARNING!! PWI!! (posting while intoxicated here)
Duke! that freakin sucks. I want you to know that you are the only lawyer I have any respect for, I don't give a rats ass what that test says.
Don't worry. I am sure you will make it next time. Hell wear that mask get up and take the test, if that don't make the panty waist leftist lawyer crapholes pass you on the spot I don't know what will.
As far as I am concerned you can be my mouthpiece any time. A damn license don't mean shit. Look at that lawyer/teacher dude in chicago, never passed the bar but is a freakin hero in the civil rights movement. And there is that dude that represented dumbfuck... Larry Flint, right out of school and gets the case that makes his career.
This is America, a damn license don't mean shit. A person can represent themself or can appoint someone to represent them for theirself, a freakin bar exam not withstanding. You are my man when it comes to the law.
!POWER! to the people dude, you are my lawyer, you are a damn good person and I don't need to see a worthless piece of paper to know that.
Don't change my man, stay the awesome guy you are now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Hang in there Mike.  You'll get it next time.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, sorry to hear that Duke.

Surely there's a job opening in your area for a guy who can make a semi-auto sound like full-auto in front of a conservation officer without actually bump firing?

Right?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
After I get that documentation package from my buddy in Chicago, I will get in contact with you regarding the financial thing I discussed with you.  DO NOT DESPAIR!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You'll do fine, Mike...
As you said, once you get the results you'll know what you passed, and where you need to bone up...

Yeah, what GaryM said...

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear that Mike. I understand that a lot of people don't pass the first time around. You'll do better next time!

BTW nice picture!

Eric

Edited to add: The picture of you and your wife is nice. The other one I'm not too sure of!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top