Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 11:31:42 PM EDT
Hey guys, I live over on the no sunday beer side of the border. 'bout 50 miles south of KC. Just wondering where some of you guys shoot at. No ranges here in Miami county. If I want to shoot paper I got to go out to my buddies house. Anyway nice to meet every one and have a good rest of the week.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome...

If you can, try to make it to Columbia for the next MODCC shoot (first Saturday of September)...

Duke_Nukem just moved to Holden, Missouri some 45 miles due east of you...
and there are a number of folks in the KC area that post here often, so I'm sure you'll run into them eventually...

Again, welcome aboard

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Coopmandu,

There is a private range North of you in Olathe/DeSoto off of K10 I believe.  

Mill Creek Rifle Range
7215 Gardner Rd
Olathe, KS 66061
Main Phone: 913-585-9900

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually shoot at LakeCity, out by bluesprings/independence mo.
They have hardcore range nazi's tho.
I like ranges more like FingerLakes in Columbia.
It's almost worth the drive to not have some RO manhandle my firearms.

On and as for no beer on sundays,  overland park(i think may have been olathe) is now selling beer on Sundays,  havent heard much other than a liquorstore add on the radio talking about prohibition ending and the ability to not have to stock up before sunday.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies everyone. And Duke I will try to make it out for MODCC shoot. Sounds like alot of fun. I have checked out Mill Creek range, very expensive to get a membership, but they give you a key and you can go whenever you like. Anyway thanks for the replies, and if anyone would like to hook up some weekend drop me an IM or e-mail. Have a good week guys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I usually shoot at LakeCity, out by bluesprings/independence mo.
They have hardcore range nazi's tho.
I like ranges more like FingerLakes in Columbia.
It's almost worth the drive to not have some RO manhandle my firearms.

BaNo,

Parma Woods in Parkville is up and running again after the fire they had. The ROs at Parma Woods are a lot nicer to deal with.
You can double andtriple tap rifle and pistol. No empting mags or humanoid targets though.

MO Dept of Conservation has a unmanned range just South of St Joseph in the Pigeon Hill Conv Area.
I drove up there last weekend to check it out.  It is quite a bit smaller than Finger Lakes.

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

BaNo,

Parma Woods in Parkville is up and running again after the fire they had. The ROs at Parma Woods are a lot nicer to deal with.
You can double andtriple tap rifle and pistol. No empting mags or humanoid targets though.

MO Dept of Conservation has a umanned range just South of St Joseph in the Pigeon Hill Conv Area.
I drove up there last week end to check it out.  It is quite a bit smaller than Finger Lakes.

Yea I heard Parma was open again, but I just assumed it was as bad as LC.
I don't mind the no mag dumping rule, but LC's 5 seconds between shots is radiculas.
I may have to give Parma a try this weekend.
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yea I heard Parma was open again, but I just assumed it was as bad as LC.
I don't mind the no mag dumping rule, but LC's 5 seconds between shots is radiculas.
I may have to give Parma a try this weekend.
Thanks for the info.

When are you planning on going Saturday or Sunday? I was planning on going up there Sunday myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure, I just kinda let the weekends flow.
If you wanted to meet up there at some specific time and burn some powder let me know.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure how much of a drive this would be for you but I usually go to Golden Valley shooting range just outside (west by 3 miles [+/-]) of Clinton, MO.  It is an unsupervised range, has backstops of 25, 50 and 100 yards, as well as an area to shoot trap for shotguns.  It takes me about 45 minutes from Peculiar, MO (US 71 to MO hwy 7 east).  For you, you might try taking MO hwy 18 east from US 71 till about 3 miles from Clinton.  You should see a sign by the MO Dept. of Conservation (they take care of the range) on the south side of the road.  Take it for about a mile and there'll be another sign showing the entrance.
This might be a range that Duke_Nukem might be interested in, as well.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm not sure how much of a drive this would be for you but I usually go to Golden Valley shooting range just outside (west by 3 miles [+/-]) of Clinton, MO.  It is an unsupervised range, has backstops of 25, 50 and 100 yards, as well as an area to shoot trap for shotguns.  It takes me about 45 minutes from Peculiar, MO (US 71 to MO hwy 7 east).  For you, you might try taking MO hwy 18 east from US 71 till about 3 miles from Clinton.  You should see a sign by the MO Dept. of Conservation (they take care of the range) on the south side of the road.  Take it for about a mile and there'll be another sign showing the entrance.
This might be a range that Duke_Nukem might be interested in, as well.  

I've heard of the golden valley range, didnt know exactly where it was tho.
Quite a ways from KC, but then again so is FingerLakes.  I like the drive to Columbia alot better than I do to Clinton, road may not be as nice, but it's sure straight, and there are plenty of college chickies in Columbia to oogle at.
I'm trying to work on a place to shoot near KC on private land for myself, it may turn out to be a I can take others with me sort of thing. But I've been working on it since Xmas, and the middleman is a very forgetful person, I only been pestering him 5 times a week since December.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top