Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2022 9:09:02 AM EDT
After Brooks voted for the Ukraine money I was reminded about how bitter I was when he voted to keep John Boehner as speaker.

Brooks was on a local talk show and when asked about the Boehner vote he spoke in tones that sounded like he thought his constituents were stupid and didnt understand that if he voted to get rid of Boehner he could potentially lose valuable appointments to certain committees important to Huntsville (military).

I was not only angry about his tone, but I was also angry that Mo clearly felt those committee positions were more important than rectifying the damage Boehner was doing to the whole country. (not to mention if they did vote Boehner out Mo's point would be moot)

Similar to how I felt about Jeff Sessions' bullshit stance, I felt like Mo didnt understand sometimes the entire country is more important than your position.

I understand the Ukraine money was to fulfil some contract made prior to Putin's invasion. I can imagine that Mo voted "yea" as a matter of "keeping our word."

But I still feel like at this point it doesnt matter there was some $40B contract promised to Ukraine. While not fulfilling a contract is generally wrong, I think in this instance not fulfilling a contract would be the right thing to do, considering the circumstances.

I can also imagine Mo is all in on keeping the war going as it brings in more money to Huntsville. If thats the case I would be even more disappointed with Mo.

I've been giving Mo a pass on the Boehner vote all these years because it appeared he was voting they way I would have him vote. Now I want to go back and review every single one of his votes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right on all those points.  But the other candidates seem much worse than Mo.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're right on all those points.  But the other candidates seem much worse than Mo.  

This.

Yup.

Your choice is Brooks, Mitt Romney or Liz Cheney.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote

Yep.  I don't trust Britt and won't vote for Durant after his H1b statements.  Mo is our only choice, unless we write in "none of the above."
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yup.

Holy shit, that's the best way I've seen it broken down yet!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in for Mo Brooks. Katie Britt is Shelby/McConnell with lipstick. Although I respect Durant for his service, his missteps (2a) and non-steps (debate) give me great pause.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
GOA backing MO BROOKS
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GOA backing MO BROOKS
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Voted Brooks today.

I cant bring myself to abandon him over a couple votes and personality issues.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like Mo vs Katie in a run off....as a Mo voter I was hoping for that.   He has a chance, will depend on who can turn people out.

Since Meemah appears to have her nomination locked I predict it is a low turnout runoff with only people who really care about this specific race showing up....hard to predict how that will swing but I don't feel like Katie has a lot of passionate followers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like Mo vs Katie in a run off....as a Mo voter I was hoping for that.   He has a chance, will depend on who can turn people out.

Since Meemah appears to have her nomination locked I predict it is a low turnout runoff with only people who really care about this specific race showing up....hard to predict how that will swing but I don't feel like Katie has a lot of passionate followers.
View Quote

Wife says over privileged white women who felt bad about voting for Biden voted for Britt. I bet they'll likely stay home in the general now that they've assuaged their consciences.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wife says over privileged white women who felt bad about voting for Biden voted for Britt. I bet they'll likely stay home in the general now that they've assuaged their consciences.
View Quote
I hope you're right about Mo winning in November.  

There's something about Katie Britt's demeanor.  Seems like she's trying to be a high school cheerleader, not a US Senator.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Suburban white women control the elections.
View Quote

FWIW, my wife refuses to vote for any woman.  She says women are too emotional and not hard enough to make tough decisions.  If she votes in the run off, it will be for Mo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top