Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 10:21:53 PM EDT
This is in an effort to support this thread:

What is the ALHTF fallback communication plan?

I would like to meet up and coordinate fallback communication plans for North ALHTF (Alabama Home Town Forum)

I understand we all have different schedules and I think I can try to accommodate that.

I'm thinking breakfast in 3-4 different places over the course of a month on Saturday mornings, starting this Saturday. Maybe breakfast in Guntersville (or Scottsboro) this Saturday, Huntsville next and then Florence. Then skip a weekend, rotate thru one more time.

I was Navy, not Army, and I'm not meeting anyone at 05:00. More like 07:00 - 08:00

I will attend each as a common contact.

I dont think its necessary to post that you cant make it. Just PM me if you're interested and I'll PM you date and time. If I dont hear from anyone then we'll skip that Saturday and I'll post that here.

This is nothing more than reaching out to and connecting with "fellow gun enthusiasts" and 2A supporters. We're not planning anything violent.

Thoughts?

-23JAN21 update-

Caught up in Scottsboro, AL

I was late, Associates B and C had already made contact and ID'd me almost instantaneously. (I claim Associate A as I took point on this! )

While yes, I'm making an extremely poor attempt at humor in this report, I want to express that I think, as I learn, OPSEC is important. Not only to me, but to our Associates. Therefore I'll refrain from callsigns / usernames here.

Discussed American Pioneer stuff with a focus on getting me up to speed on proper back pack gear and shoes. Apparently I'm doing it wrong with 5.11 Rush 12 with 15lb sack of backing soda. Very enlightening. (DOH!)

Discussed Ham stuff. Associate B offered to bring computer to next meet-up and help program Boafengs if necessary.

While I'm familiar with OPSEC, I'm not really good at it. Moving forward I will not bring my cell phone to a meet-up, and I very much recommend that at any future meet-ups we leave phones in vehicles.

If you attend a meet-up, bring pen and paper.

Moving forward we will probably meet in Decatur next Saturday. Place and time TBD. Additionally, if no one has taken point on central Alabama, I might arrange a meeting somewhere in the 'Ham. If this happens I'll make an new thread.

I'm considering a continuing schedule, like 2nd Saturdays in Decatur, 4th Saturdays Huntsville. Please talk me out of this

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m up for a Huntsville, Florence, Decatur, or Athens meet up depending on my work schedule for any particular weekend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m up for a Huntsville, Florence, Decatur, or Athens meet up depending on my work schedule for any particular weekend.
View Quote

Same!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Guntersville this weekend Jan. 23rd.

08:00

PM me for location.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Not available unfortunately but glad it it happening.  Looking forward to a report afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I said Guntersville, but sent Scottsboro address.

Go to Scottsboro.

Dammit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the AAR. I wasn’t able to make it, but I’m in for Decatur this Saturday. Thanks for taking the lead on this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Apparently, I'm Ass B .

I plan on being in Decatur Saturday. I'll have my computer so I can program radios for your area. I have the programing cable for
Baofeng UV-5R series, UV3R Plus, BF-888S/BF-88A, and UV-82/UV-82L. If you have any other radio, you will need your own cable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top