Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2020 9:36:29 AM EDT
Re-locating to the Enterprise / Dothan area in a few weeks and looking for a place with longer range shooting.  I was briefly a member of Tri State 10 years ago, so I'm aware of their facilities and I know that the Dothan Gun Club runs out to 400.  Is there any place in the general area that I'm missing that goes out to 800 or 1000?
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
no experience but here

https://www.altusshooting.com/

Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Frank at Compass Lake Engineering, Compass Lake, FL; they're just south of the border.  CLE is heavy into long range AR-15 shooting, he should know where some good ranges are down there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, All.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
@PappyJohn

Look up R&R shooting Club in Geneva, AL. Jason Clark is the owner and a great guy. It's kinda laid back like a bunch of friends shooting together.

My Wife and I used to shoot there every other weekend.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Just across the state line, but not far from you.

Arena in Blakely does occasionally have an open weekend. https://www.arenatrainingfacility.com/

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow!  Really looks nice but.....

Looks a bit out of my league.  Like, an agency would have to be footing the bill.

And I'm for sure no operator.

Attachment Attached File

Settled on the Dothan Gun Club for now.  But I've really been too busy with house buying and getting my stuff moved in to get much shooting time in yet.  Plus most of my ammo is still stuck in a POD somewhere between here and PA.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top