Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 11:14:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
99.5 changed this past weekend somtime. I found out the hard way during the long drive back from the hunting club. It sounds like the same stuff they play on 103.7.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Vibe.

is right
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep noticed it this weekend.

Gf was like why are you listening to this.

I was in denial and hoping it would come back on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, listen to 103.1.  They play some classic rock, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Sabbath and others occasionally but mostly play current rock, Five finger Death Punch, Foo Fighters, Staind, ect.  Not bad but not really heavy enough.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
K99, miss that more
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]

99.5 was the only local station I listened to.

Now I'm satellite only.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Meh, listen to 103.1.  They play some classic rock, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Sabbath and others occasionally but mostly play current rock, Five finger Death Punch, Foo Fighters, Staind, ect.  Not bad but not really heavy enough.

For every great song they play they also play 100 pseudo-angst Creed-wannabe faux-rap-every-now-and-then crap "songs" like Daughtry, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mud, Korn, Three Days Grace, Slipknot, etc.  Apparently some bands think if you mix alternative, emo, pop, rap, computerized drums, three guitar cords, and a crappy singer people will like it.  It reminds me of this parody...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I gave up on local radio a while back. You get used to a station and it changes. You drive 10 miles and it statics out.Once you go satelite you never go back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:

For every great song they play they also play 100 pseudo-angst Creed-wannabe faux-rap-every-now-and-then crap "songs" like Daughtry, Staind, Linkin Park, Puddle of Mud, Korn, Three Days Grace, Slipknot, etc.  Apparently some bands think if you mix alternative, emo, pop, rap, computerized drums, three guitar cords, and a crappy singer people will like it.  It reminds me of this parody...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNRhzX6gw8

Hey, I never said it was a great station.  I mean, they do play the chili peppers so yeah, they play some lame ass gay music.  I wish they'd play more Slipknot, not the faggy slow stuff they play often, but the angry stuff.  Maybe a little Lamb of God, some Sepultura, Metallica before they got in touch with their feminine side.  Good music to break shit to.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
It seems that local radio is almost completely in the toilet now.  The Vulcan is ok sometimes but not enough of the time.  I have resisted satellite radio since I don't ride around in my truck enough to justify the monthly fees.  I guess I can stack up all the old albums in the passenger seat and hum the music while looking at the covers!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#13]
It all started when 107.7 went off the air. IMO

and when Tony Curry bailed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
no great loss, the same 200 songs, over and over and over again.
If we heard some new music mixed in it would have been better.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
no great loss, the same 200 songs, over and over and over again.
If we heard some new music mixed in it would have been better.

Agreed.  Everything is top 40 now.  Ick.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Boneyard, octane !
Hadn't listen to local radio in 7 years, if I didn't have sat I'd just make farting noises driving down the road
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Boneyard, octane !
Hadn't listen to local radio in 7 years, if I didn't have sat I'd just make farting noises driving down the road

TMI

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
meh. par for the course, in the "Magic Shitty"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top