Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2009 3:27:11 AM EDT
DT1 is AWOL, but the assistant match director will bring much years of experience to the plate.

AS always, shooters meeting at 8:30, start shooting at 9:00am.

Spoon
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 4:14:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Will not be able to make it, deer season will be in full swing and I need to fill the freezer up for the coming depression/starvation/zombies/Roman Polanski trial.

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will not be able to make it, deer season will be in full swing and I need to fill the freezer up for the coming depression/starvation/zombies/Roman Polanski trial.

Pfffftttt have something to eat later or........  shoot hostages collaborators now, the choice is so obvious!  I'll be there and I'll shoot a collaborator for you Cletus.
Link Posted: 10/7/2009 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Woot!

Can I shoot this match with my truck?

Link Posted: 10/7/2009 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope to be there.

Have been looking forward to seeing Cleatus and the gang. Well, maybe we'll see the gang, and talk about Cleatus.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 4:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope to be there.

Have been looking forward to seeing Cleatus and the gang. Well, maybe we'll see the gang, and talk about Cleatus.

I should be able to make the January match. I was planning to teach my dog how to smoke cigarettes in January, but that can wait until February.

Feel free to talk bad about me in my absence
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 4:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pfffftttt have something to eat later or........  shoot hostages collaborators now, the choice is so obvious!  I'll be there and I'll shoot a collaborator for you Cletus.

Wrong!

As long as Dad is still alive and wanting to hunt, I'll be hunting with him. He needs me around in case he falls and can't get up. His life Alert doesn't work out in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I should be there, though I am not 100% certain yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
..can't wait!
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Like we need your permission!!!?????  

It's more fun to talk about ya when you can hear it.

I looked at the calender today, and we may be doing our last night shoot for this summer that weekend, so I'll have to check.

Link Posted: 10/9/2009 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like we need your permission!!!?????  

It's more fun to talk about ya when you can hear it.

I looked at the calender today, and we may be doing our last night shoot for this summer that weekend, so I'll have to check.

Hey, it was just in case of the long odds that someone might feel a twinge of guilt about it
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
IM actually going to get to shoot with the squad this time and not RO u saps
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now I don't feel so bad about missing the match
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I don't feel so bad about missing the match

You will now have an empty void in your heart, how will you survive
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Tempting... but I'll be doing this again!  BTW, it me driving...

Zoom Zoom!!

Then the 7-15nov I'll be hunting this in Illinois for this buck, my Brother took this pic (not really but I wish!)
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#15]
You drive like a sisy girl in that sissy girl car!

and our head looks like Flash Gordon...

Flash.....Ah ah....savior of the universe!

Flash.....Ah ah...he'll save every one of us!

Link Posted: 10/11/2009 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Geneslpicer was that a driving school? Spoon is right you drive like a sissy girl.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
thats where all the go karts have to drive. Did you see Scott there
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I am interested in attending.  Does anyone have any additional info on the event?

Do i need to be a member?

How much ammo?

What gear to bring?

What is the atmosphere for newcomers?

Fee?
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#19]
http://www.scssa.org/toppage2.htm#Match Info

Mach info link

Newcomers are very welcome and the atmosphere is fun-especially if you sign up to shoot with the ARFcom squad.  I will be helping with registration, so just introduce yourself and we'll get you hooked up.

One bit of warning, we like to have fun and insult each other's shooting ability, so if you have thin skin you might want to shoot in another squad...especially if you shoot a hostage!

IM me with any other questions...

Spoon
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am interested in attending.  Does anyone have any additional info on the event?

How much ammo?
What gear to bring?
Fee?

No
Bring lots.
Rifle, Sling, some mags, ammo, ear plugs, eye protection, chamber flag, anti-miata device, inflatable sheep.
The atmosphere is great, leave any bullshit at home. The ARFCOM squad is the best group of guys to shoot with ever, be prepared to be ribbed a bit.
Spoon can tell you what the fee is, but it is low (25.00?).

Just have fun. It isn't an "Operators" class or anything, Blackwater will not be there screening candidates, SpecOps or the COD4 staff will not be having tryouts, it is a fun day, enjoy it.

Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much ammo?
What gear to bring?
Fee?

No
Bring lots.
Rifle, Sling, some mags, ammo, ear plugs, eye protection, chamber flag, anti-miata device, inflatable sheep.
The atmosphere is great, leave any bullshit at home. The ARFCOM squad is the best group of guys to shoot with ever, be prepared to be ribbed a bit.
Spoon can tell you what the fee is, but it is low (25.00?).

Just have fun. It isn't an "Operators" class or anything, Blackwater will not be there screening candidates, SpecOps or the COD4 staff will not be having tryouts, it is a fun day, enjoy it.

I dont have an inflatable sheep, But I have an inflatable goat if that is ok.
And the cost is $20.00, acording to spoon a few days ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like a good time.  I will plan on getting down there and jump on the ARF squad.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Do I want to click that link.....or will it take me to a yak, a clown and a hot pepper
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do I want to click that link.....or will it take me to a yak, a clown and a hot pepper

Click it....it is funny, because I'm damn funny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Geneslpicer was that a driving school? Spoon is right you drive like a sissy girl.

It was a BMWCCA track weekend at Barbers... hey... Those bikes you work on have more horses than what this miata has, sadly.  Until next month, turbo goes on... 250hp in a 1800pd car that corners on rails should be feared!
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a BMWCCA track weekend at Barbers... hey... Those bikes you work on have more horses than what this miata has, sadly.  Until next month, turbo goes on... 250hp in a 1800pd car that corners on rails should be feared!

SWWEEEET!

Link Posted: 10/14/2009 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Do you guys also hit the shotgun / pistol matches?

Does anyone have info on these?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#29]
www.scssa.org has a list of all the matches at Steel City.

Idpa 2nd Sat
Tactical/Practical 3rd sat (IIRC)
22 matches

you name it, you can do it at Steel City
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

www.scssa.org has a list of all the matches at Steel City.

Idpa 2nd Sat

Tactical/Practical 3rd sat (IIRC)

22 matches

you name it, you can do it at Steel City

Right.

How are the pistol / shotgun matches?

I am getting pumped about the match on the 31st!

Link Posted: 10/14/2009 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#31]
If you're talking about the tactical/practical matches, they are run by marka dn Mario and they have a lor of fun.  Rules are relaxed (compared to IDPA and IPSC) but they are safety first guys.  Nothing wrong with that...

IDPA is run by a good friend and they also have a thursday night match, both are excellent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#32]
bump
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Hope to see the usual good folks I shoot with. We will be maken the haul from south Ga.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I plan on being there. Im hpong to have lots of fun and to not embarress myself too bad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I plan on being there as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Greetings from the Northeast.  I'm not really AWOL, just can't figure out a way to make a living shooting and organizing matches.  Still have to work (3wk training program in CT) to make ends meet.

The match will be the usual board of fare, 6-7 fun stages and things will be well organized in my absence. 150-175 rounds, 2-3 magazines and the means to carry them will be all you need. This is a "regular" match with a $20 entry fee.  There'll be one stage with shots at the flash targets out to 200-250yds or so.  Everything else will be 50yds and in.

If you haven't been to Steel City since the May match, you'll be impressed with what has been done with E-range (the long range).  Lots of opportunities for fun carbine stages!

I'll miss hanging out with everyone for this one but will look forward to seeing you at Steel City soon.

Take Care,
David

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Greetings from the Northeast.  I'm not really AWOL, just can't figure out a way to make a living shooting and organizing matches.  Still have to work (3wk training program in CT) to make ends meet.

The match will be the usual board of fare, 6-7 fun stages and things will be well organized in my absence. 150-175 rounds, 2-3 magazines and the means to carry them will be all you need. This is a "regular" match with a $20 entry fee.  There'll be one stage with shots at the flash targets out to 200-250yds or so.  Everything else will be 50yds and in.

If you haven't been to Steel City since the May match, you'll be impressed with what has been done with E-range (the long range).  Lots of opportunities for fun carbine stages!

I'll miss hanging out with everyone for this one but will look forward to seeing you at Steel City soon.

Take Care,
David

Forgive the noobness, because I have never done this before, but what is a flash target?
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Forgive the noobness, because I have never done this before, but what is a flash target?

Scroll down about half way. http://www.mgmtargets.com/products/product_page.php?cat=6
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 3:46:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Flash targets are the reactive steel targets we shoot at 100+yds.  It's pretty easy to verify that you've hit them and you dont have to walk down range between shooters and reset them. The steel plate is approximately 10" in diameter. They're good to keep the match moving along (if the shooter hits them.....)
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like I'll learn a lot when I go to this match.
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like I'll learn a lot when I go to this match.

We try to make it new shooter friendly.  Lots of good folks who'll take care of you.  You'll definitely have a good time.

Link Posted: 10/24/2009 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#42]
oops,hit reply instead if IM

carry on.

Link Posted: 10/24/2009 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#43]
MadMike have no fear. This is the most fun and what I call doable match. Meaning targets are visible, ROs are a help, and everyone helps out. IM me if your looking for a squad. If you can handle the jokes shooting is easy!
Link Posted: 10/24/2009 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#44]
DT1 IS alive...
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
MadMike have no fear. This is the most fun and what I call doable match. Meaning targets are visible, ROs are a help, and everyone helps out. IM me if your looking for a squad. If you can handle the jokes shooting is easy!

Let me guess, the ARFCOM Squad?
I spoke to Spoon on the phone and he told me about the ARFCOM Squad.
I was planning on joining that squad. This way I can put faces with names.
I can take as well as give. I cant wait for the fun.
I just hope I dont come dead last.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's not as important when ya do, as long as ya do.

Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Mike,

You'll do just fine and, more importantly, have a great time with the ARFCOM squad.  Don't worry, lots of white pasters get used when these guys tackle a stage

DT
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mike,

You'll do just fine and, more importantly, have a great time with the ARFCOM squad.  Don't worry, lots of white pasters get used when these guys tackle a stage

DT

I'm pasty white AND responsible for several white pasters.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess, the ARFCOM Squad?
I spoke to Spoon on the phone and he told me about the ARFCOM Squad.
I was planning on joining that squad. This way I can put faces with names.
I can take as well as give. I cant wait for the fun.

Hehe, he said he takes it!    
You'll have a great time and should fit in fine with the ARFCOM squad!  BTW... dead last is ALWAYS reserved for Scott aka Cletus-whateverthefuck.... oops, did I say that??  Even just mentioning his name makes me curse...
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#50]
What do you have to do to sign up...I have to work until 10 am, I guess I cant particpate anyways, but can I just come out and watch and learn so I can participate the next time?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top