Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2007 7:30:17 PM EDT
Hey guys, my nephiew wants me to ask if it would be ok on the pistol stages if he shot with one hand. He thinks he can shoot more accurately with one hand because he can't get comfortable with a double handed grip. I've been trying to teach him proper form but he says he just isn't comfortable. He always locks both elbows. I know my form isn't perfect either, but I've tried to teach him what I've learned over the years.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:41:21 AM EDT
[#1]
One handed is fine. Its whatever the shooter is comfortable with.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 3:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe the english would call that proper form.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Right now the pistol round count is purposely kept pretty low because when we started off we wanted emphasis placed on the rifle, as we already have a dedicated pistol match.

The pistol action we do have now is not meant to practice pistol shooting per se, but rather usually to force the shooter to transition from one weapon to another in the event the rifle would become unserviceable.

As we continue to move towards a real multigun format, our pistol round count will increase a bit, but will still stay somewhat less important than the long guns.

Tell the nephew not to lose any sleep over the pistol requirements for this Saturday.

Edited to correct my crappy spelling -
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I talked to him today and he said he wasn't sure he was ready. I told him just to concentrate on safety first, hitting the targets second and not worry too much about speed. He came over and practiced a little this evening but he's still a little nervous.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll make sure I sign in before him. He wont feel so bad after I go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top