Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 3:07:12 PM EDT
The family members of the (2) Athens police officers who were shot and killed by Faron Barksdale are suing Larrys pistol and pawn for selling the gun to him........They are also suing Faron barksdale's parents for letting him own the gun.........Here we go again.....Suing the person who sold the gun instead of the person who used the gun......and its happening right here in Alabama.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if their dumb attorney heard about the law passed by Congress giving Larry immunity unless Larry knowingly sold a gun to a disqualified person?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get this information about the families legal pursuits, I live in Athens and have heard nothing about this. I know at some point, attorneys had talked of this type of action, but nothing finalized. I knew both Larry and Tony, and still mourn their loss (I also attend church with Farron's mother). I was eating lunch with a detective friend when the call came in, and will never forget the realization that in Athens "shots fired, officers down".  The system is to blame for allowing Farron to get to this point in his illness, he had been in and out of "involuntary commitments" for many years. The doctors would just release him after the mandatory 150 days. I think the idea of holding Larry's P&P and Farron's parents responsible is absurd, but to me this is proof that the background check system is flawed and the state mental health system needs a serious investigation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where did you get this information about the families legal pursuits, I live in Athens and have heard nothing about this.

I heard it last night on the news, CH48.

Rick
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
It was in the Athens News Paper yesterday morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
That Sucks.

I bought my first ever gun at Larry's.

SG
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]

I gained ten pounds over the holidays...I'm sueing Wal-Mart for selling my wife all those paper plates and plastic forks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top