Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:17:17 PM EDT

Hi all,

I have a friend down in NO who's doing ok, but has figured out that I'm not the most paranoid person on the planet

As such, she's looking for somone to help her learn about basic self-defence, train her up, practice, etc. She intends to do the necessary to get a carry permit, and learn how to actually defend herself and her family.

Is there anyone around who can give her, and I, a hand in this? I don't have the time to go down there with work and all Otherwise I'd take a couple weeks off, teach her, let her try out some things, etc.

If someone around there's available for this, I'd gladly and happily compensate for any time/ammo/etc.

She really does need to and want to get trained up, learn about this stuff, etc...and hopefully by someone who's not out to score! Yes, she's a nice girl, in most all meanings of the phrase.

She's on the north shore of the NO area at the moment, she says Covington/Mandeville area.

Is there anyone out there who can do basically a CCW course for her, teach her basic marksmanship and gun handling, etc? Like I said, I'll compensate for it, no problem.

IM me, or email me, [email protected], if you don't want to reply publically....

Thanks folks...

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is she actually looking to get CCW licensed, or just get some basic firearms handling?  I'm not a certified instructor, but if she's interested in travelling to Baton Rouge, either I could, or I could possibly find a friend to give her some basic handling skills.  If she wants CCW training, then I would suggest she contact Gerard (Geri) Clesi at (225) 658-2322 ( [email protected] ).  Geri runs a top notch training company that does the certification classes for CCW.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

If I were nearby this would be a non-issue, but...alas, I'm stuck up here in the tundra, where today's high was 59 degrees.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent you and email...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Got the mail, and thanks!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top