Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
My old lady wants to get married on a plantation in LA.  However, to reserve the date we are looking to reserve we need to make a decision now on the venue.  We are planning to stay in the Lafayette area next month for a week and look at venues from St. Fransiville to White Castle.

I would be staying at the Best Western Posada Ana Inn-Lafayette.  Is this area ok?  Like is it surrounded by skinny's or pimps and hookers or what not?

Is this a bad idea?  Or should we procede as business as usual?  Thanks,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in Lafayette and its pretty much business as usual at the moment. We'll see what Hurricane Rita does. I did hear that most of the hotels are pretty much full though. I would double check reservations before I headed this way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Depending on when you come and how many of us locals are available we might be able to organize a shoot or something in ya'lls honor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What plantation are ya'll getting married at?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Only plantation I know of that you can use like that would be Cretian Point up near Sunset. Lafayette is a great area with normal crime rates. You will be safe. Post your plans/itinerary and maybe some of us can get together for drinks at a local restaurant. I am currently in Singapore and will be returning to the Lafayette area around the middle of October. If you want a good selection of plantation homes for what you are planning, I would suggest St. Francisville or even up in Natchez, Mississippi. Friend of mine did a quick wedding in Natchez and was very pleased. Anything closer to New Orleans will be in a state of chaos.
Good luck and welcome to Louisiana.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, thanks guys for the feedback.  Talk about southern hospitality!

Here's what we are going to look at so far.  I'd like to have at least 10 though.

St. Francisville - Hemingbough Center
                        Desert Plantation
Baton Rouge - White Oak Plantation
Napoleonville - Madewood Plantation
Sunset - Chretion Point(so far my ol lady's favorite but sight unseen of course)
White Castle - Nottoway(2nd pick sight unseen)

Anyone know anything about Natchitoches?  We were told this was a nice area.

Thanks again guys for the help.  Yall keep safe now.  Aloha,

Stone
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow, thanks guys for the feedback.  Talk about southern hospitality!

Here's what we are going to look at so far.  I'd like to have at least 10 though.

St. Francisville - Hemingbough Center
                        Desert Plantation
Baton Rouge - White Oak Plantation
Napoleonville - Madewood Plantation
Sunset - Chretion Point(so far my ol lady's favorite but sight unseen of course)
White Castle - Nottoway(2nd pick sight unseen)

Anyone know anything about Natchitoches?  We were told this was a nice area.

Thanks again guys for the help.  Yall keep safe now.  Aloha,

Stone

That place is haunted. They do rent rooms though. May make for an interesting honeymoon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#7]
You could also look at "The Myrtles", another supposedly haunted plantation home.  Or there's also "Magnolia Mound" in Baton Rouge, although I'd probably pick others before that one, but it's not bad.  "White Oak" is not bad.  Been to a few weddings and even had our senior prom there (back in the dark ages).

Another good one to consider would be "Oak Alley" in Vacherie.  Very nice place and very "typical" southern plantation type home with the long driveway surrounded by oaks.  Of course, that's assuming it did okay during the storms.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Forgot about this place. My little sister had a party here. Very nice.

www.loydhall.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top