Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 2:29:29 AM EDT
Guys the news is being censored!  Are our ears really too sensitive to hear the "real story".  I've just heard that the death toll now stands at just under 200.  BS!  I'm thinking they 'forgot' to add on the last 2 zeros.   One report on MSNBC did state that the death toll could rise above that of 9-11.  "Could"?  I would bet some decent money that the 9-11 death toll will be a drop in the bucket compared to what the toll will be from this storm.  

Come on CNN & others.....we want the real story, not what you think we want to hear.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea how high the death toll will go in reality, but I do feel like something funny is going on.
It may be overcaution or something less innocuous...

Remember when the early numbers for 9-11 were coming in at somewhere around 15K? I figure that they know the toll is way higher, but they're not willing to say so until the bodies are stacked side by side and counted by some guy with a dark suit and a government position.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Just in New Orleans alone they are expecting 30k dead.  They have ordered 200k body bags and refrigerated trucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee, it couldn't be that the mayor of NO was full of shit from the very beginning, could it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gee, it couldn't be that the mayor of NO was full of shit from the very beginning, could it?

Well you know,  "If the shoe fits", etc.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I am guessing many more people will die and have died that have medical problems and weren't on their meds, etc. than the number of people who actually drown in the water. I wish the news would report the NEWS instead of asking every damn official how many people are dead. And I wish all the damn officials had the common sense to not even speculate on something they have no idea about. It was entertaining watching the mayor of NO explain his body count formula: "500,000 people in New Orleans with 50,000 in the dome and 50,000 with no ride out of town. So I would expect 20% of those 50,000 are dead." That is one of the sources for this elusive 10,000. It was a complete BS number with no basis. And then the media went crazy when the military brought 25,000 body bags down "The military is expecting up to .......". The military would bring 1,000 gallons of rocket fuel to a weenie roast.

Rant done.

Juice out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top