Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:48:20 PM EDT
Hey

Any one know of any palces to shoot or good clubs to join in the madison, north alabama area?
Its getting close to hunting season and the range that I use closes at that time. I go to the one out in Tanner  "Swan Creek Wildlife Management Area" if yaw like to know.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There's Blue and Grey out at the Guntersville Dam, Sharon Johnson Park out near New Market, but I don't think they allow rifles, there's a range in Hartselle don't know much about it, Arab Practical Pistol range, you used to be able to shoot about a 100 yards.

That's the ones I know about.

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome! I live in Huntsville and work in Madison. I too shoot out at Swan Creek on my lunch break! I recently joined the Sharon Johnston range (pistol and 22 rifle, skeet) and will be joining Blue & Gray next month. I also shoot at a private range north of town. Give me a shout if you want to meet up and blow up some stuff sometime!

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Close to Huntsville,  interesting outdoor range in Arab, host to the local IDPA matches, and they don't have a lot of overly strict range rules  and restrictions since it's oriented to action shooting shooting sports instead of bullseye stuff.  Another range in Hartselle that I have not visited, but has a good reputation.

http://www.geocities.com/ttg_idpa_al/ranges.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Close to Huntsville,  interesting outdoor range in Arab, host to the local IDPA matches, and they don't have a lot of overly strict range rules  and restrictions since it's oriented to action shooting shooting sports instead of bullseye stuff.  Another range in Hartselle that I have not visited, but has a good reputation.

Where is that range in Hartselle?  Is it the one belonging to the Hartselle Gun Club out at Florette?

Rick
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks for the map to the Arab location; I have heard that there was such a place for some time, but did not know where. I will check it out!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I joined the Arab Practical Shooters Club last year, but finances are holding me back this time.  It is located at an old rock quary, on the West side of 231 between Arab and Morgan City.  It's down in a valley.  There is a cattle gate with a well marked sign.  If the gate is open, you can drive on down and talk to someone who is there.  The cost is $40/year and you can bring one friend along.  I can give you an e-mail contact if you PM me, or you can pick up their applicaiton at any of the local pawn shops.

I think their IDPA matches are the first Saturday of every month and they usually finish up by lunch time.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top