Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 2:24:34 PM EDT
A close friend of mine owns several hundred acres of land somewhere in Alabama and we've always wanted to turn it into a pseudo militia type training area.  Would anyone be interested in helping us build up the area as far as building firing ranges and shoot houses?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Depends on where.  South, Central, North?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Expect it to be thoroughly investigated by the alphabet agencies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What could they investigate us for for letting our friends plink on his land?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What could they investigate us for for letting our friends plink on his land?

I think the key phrase was "pseudo militia type training area".
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#5]
And building any type of "range" is gonna require permits like you've never seen......

better you guys just push up a mound of dirt yourselves for "sighting in" purposes.  

you start having "shooting" sessions, "training" or "exercises" or people other than the land owners start showing up just to "plink", someone is gonna find out about it and you'll have bureaucrats out the ass all over the place.... they already shut down a couple places because of "permits"  and try getting a "permit"....

And never, ever use the word "militia" or anything that would vaguely resemble that term when describing some activity you wish to participate in....

You're just inviting jack booted ass-holes to come give you a hard time, screw with your life and property, visit your neighbors..... get the picture?

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Why must they tread on me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top