Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:58 AM EDT
With all the potentially impending doom of Ivan, I thought us Gulf Coast-ers might need a little something to smile about right now.  Also you guys were so thoughtful & supportive a little over a year ago when my first (and only) child came 11 weeks early, so y'all might appreciate this.

Here is "Junior" on his first birthday (last week), receiving his first firearm (a Henry Youth Bolt-action .22):

I also got him his very own Youth Life Membership in the NRA (I posted that pic in another thread somewhere already).  

I figured he would get toys, clothes, etc. from everyone else (which he did, in spades), so I got him a couple of things that he won't understand or appreciate for years but which he should have for the rest of his life.

ETA:  I think the original "warm fuzzy" title was scaring folks, so I changed it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]

That rocks.  Almost makes me want to um.. 'get started'.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You, Sir, are one fine father!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You are a great dad.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats the best!  Great dad!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the pic of your wife holding the rifle with your son. That shows she aproves of the rifle gift. Thats a good woman Paw,Paw
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like the pic of your wife holding the rifle with your son. That shows she aproves of the rifle gift. Thats a good woman Paw,Paw

I am abundantly blessed with a wonderful, loving wife who shares all of my passions:  church & faith, politics & patriotism, and - yes - shooting and hunting.  She has her own AR and other rifles (can't get her into AKs, though), shotgun, and several handguns.  She enjoys fishing & deer hunting even more than I do (and then cooks either to perfection), but I can't get her interested in small game hunting (yet???).  And, truth be told, she's a more consistently accurate pistol shot than I am (would you believe her favorite handgun to shoot at the range is my custom longslide 1911?), but I still smoke her with revolvers, rifles, & shotguns.  She's had a permit and has carried every day since she turned 21.  Junior may not realize yet how wonderful his mother is, but I most certainly realize what I have there!

Yep - definitely a keeper!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I second that emotion.   I can't wait till my liitle boy gets old enough to get his first rifle.  I just don't know if it should be an M1 or an AR50........we will see.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
+1
+1
+1

+1 on all of the above about your gift to your son and at how great your wife is.

That is cool and you know I like it.  I hope you guys are happy forever.

Wes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top