Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 12:49:06 PM EDT
I just spent a couple of hours "cooling my heels" outside while my office building (RSA Tower, downtown Montgomery) was cleared of a bomb threat...

This has happened a few times over the years at my wife's office (State Judicial Complex, just across the road from me), but this is the first time for me.

Lots of rumors flying around outside, but I'm sure I'll learn the details by next week.  Not too many folks came back in after the "all-clear" - Friday afternoon, State employees, you know how it is.

Oh, well - interesting times...  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps Mr. Bonner does not have as many fans at US Air as he used too!  Bomb threats are mean stupid tricks in the best of times.  Really is a sicko move these days.  Hope there were no injuries to the occupants during the evacuation or the publice safety respondents and all went home safely, all be it early, on a stormy Friday!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
those wacky kids
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I think this introduces another important point; "the rumor mill" I work at a high school where we used to have 2-3 bomb threats a year.  There is a lot of important stuff to mention, I'll give it proper attention this eavening.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I heard they got evacuated again today...

I say "they" because I was away (on the road to Mobile actually - I'm at a conference at the Riverview Plaza all this week).
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, they had to exacuate three times in three consecutive workdays - the Friday I originally posted this & the following Monday & Tuesday (neither of which I was there).  I got back to work yesterday & am just now finishing whittling down a week's worth of "desk pile accumulation."  Lo and behold, I just found in my inbox an official BATF (not current enough to have the "E") BOMB THREAT CHECKLIST.  

Back when my wife first started working in the Judicial Building and told me that they had these under each of their phones, I remember telling her I wasn't wild about her working in a building which received enough bomb threats to warrant such preparation.  Oh, well...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top