Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 5:57:07 AM EDT
I have still not heard anything back from the ASDF recruiter guy for birmingham. Being that your up their with some rank can you send a recruiter our way? I have talked to several folks down here in bham that are interested.

mike
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
still waiting........

I am hoping these guys respond to emergencies better than they respond to potential recruits. Been over a month so far with emails to 3 different units and no response from anyone except slasher and the guy that handles the fayette area telling me he can't help me beacuse i am in birmingham.

Oh, well...

mike
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
ok i give up...

after 15 emails and no response i figure they don't need any help.

Slasher if i ever move to huntsville i'll join you guys up there.

mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
well,that makes me mad!.........u try to do something good and no one responds!.sorry for my late response, i have not been in hometown in over a month....my unit is growing strong. and we have great support from the local ng. i have a key to the armory and an office...i wish u were in 1st brigade, we get things done.sorry for your lack of info from the recruiters.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
no problem capt.

I am still interested if they can ever get it together. Most of the other guys i had talked with have pretty much given up on them. They figure if they can't respond to emails offering help they obviously don't want them.

Oh well, my job is going downhill in the freetime department anyway.

mike
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
SLAYER, HERE IS THE INFO YOU NEED....................................................................................................
In the past, COL Kyle Smith was supposedly the one we were to give information to.  Apparently the info I have FWDed him has gone the way dinosaur.  I will take this on personally.  They will be in the 202nd battalion with LTC Allen Thrush in command.

Again, sorry for the dropped balls.  I was under the impression that COL Smith was handling this.

CWO2\SS McBride
Chaplain, 202nd BN

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 4:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: hi

I have 6-7 guys wanting to join the alsdf in the b'ham area. they have tried email after email to the 2nd brigade and still are left wondering why they have no information yet..I hope we do a better job of recruiting in the future, this looks like somebody dropped the ball and left it sitting.I would appreciate contact info to the proper battalion please.thx for your help......Cpt. thomas farris, charlie co. 103rd infantry battalion, commanding.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks rev.

I edited out your contact info per board COC. plus with all the trolls around here lately i didn't want you getting spammed.

i will pass it on to them and IM you my info now.

mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top